Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-12-12, 16:22:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Visual Culture Room
| | |-+  VanillaWare (Kumatanchi)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VanillaWare (Kumatanchi)  (Read 6367 times)
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« on: 2009-04-20, 22:45:28 »

Has anyone played any VanillaWare games? I think that they are very beautiful! Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire are VanillaWare games, They are coming out(or have come out with) a new Game called Kumatanchi! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBRiuXylhQ

hyper omega moe .__.

みず きらい あなた すき

I forget to think before I act...
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-21, 17:04:20 »

I played Kumatanchi ;D

The graphics were very cute and I got very into it and had a lot of fun playing it.
It goes in real time like Tamagochi, but you only have to feed her two times a day, so it's not annoying.

BUT there are some big problems with the game :-\
I guess they tried to rush to meet the deadline because some stuff is missing.

The twin monkey characters never appear in the game, even though they are shown in the opening and on the official site...

At the end of the game, when you go to talk to the store girl, the game crashes. After spending the whole game getting to know her, her final scene is broken so you can never know what she would say or how well you did :'( :'( :'(

Also there is another bug on the last day - if you take a bath on that day, your game will bug and you can never see new cinema scenes!!

The company acknowledged the bugs and just said to avoid those parts of the game :-\

I was planning on getting every item and maxing out the game, but I read nothing happens, so I stopped playing. The game is still fun and cute.. but disappointing in some ways :-\
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-22, 04:22:03 »

Ooooh my gosh that breaks my heart ;___; I hope that they release a second version... I like to 100% all the games I play o3o

みず きらい あなた すき

I forget to think before I act...
Willsun

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-28, 00:43:49 »

Oh man, and here I thought I was the only one playing Kumatanchi. I was, and am, still feeding her even when Fanime was going on.

Also there is another bug on the last day - if you take a bath on that day, your game will bug and you can never see new cinema scenes!!

Man I never did know why the other animal pals stopped talking to Kuma-tan in my game. I knew there was bugs about using the onsen, but I didn't know doing that on the "last day" kills having cinemas ever again. I've had to load a new copy of the game into my chip every time I wanted Kuma-tan to use the onsen without the game crashing. Maybe I'll start a new game even though I've been doing this since October of last year.

Did you guys play until you got everything despite the game's shortcomings? I'm sitting on like $40 million dollars right now and I've gotten all the decorations and props she can play with. It's hard to take a centered picture of Kuma-tan when she plays with the pipes and comes out pixelated like Mario and jumps. The futuristic set is also pretty cool, but it sucks that we had to wait to buy the bed before we could change Kuma-tan's skin color.
tomoyo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-31, 23:06:02 »

Odin sphere was quite awesome except for the damn slowdowns ;_; Reminding me of all those old nes/snes shooters that slowed down!

I'm really looking forward to Muramasa, hope it's not as buggy as Kumatanchi is! (pray for a fixed release someday? @.@)
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-01, 03:52:09 »

Did you guys play until you got everything despite the game's shortcomings? I'm sitting on like $40 million dollars right now and I've gotten all the decorations and props she can play with. It's hard to take a centered picture of Kuma-tan when she plays with the pipes and comes out pixelated like Mario and jumps. The futuristic set is also pretty cool, but it sucks that we had to wait to buy the bed before we could change Kuma-tan's skin color.

I got the pipe, so cute ;D and I got all the future stuff.. and most of the old stuff. I was going to try and buy out every item in the store, but I don't think I quite finished. I had more cinemas to unlock.. but it was too much to play every day haha.
Willsun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-02, 06:34:57 »

Yeah, I gotta stop or something too. It is sort of a hassle to feed it everyday, but it's become such a habit now. For some reason I'd feel bad if I stop, but I just have to remember it's a game.

Damn the game for being so cute.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »