Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2021-12-04, 07:04:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Event Stage
| | |-+  Momoi at Fanime 09: May 22-25
Linked Events
  • FanimeCon: 2009-05-22 - 2009-05-25
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Momoi at Fanime 09: May 22-25  (Read 128827 times)
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009-05-27, 09:39:05 »

I'm not exactly sure which forum members I was able to meet (I'm sure I met tenton and mandichan though...), but everyone was very nice to me, and the little time I was able to meet with you guys in the Monday autograph line was very fun ^_^
I got Momoi to sign the Cho Momoi doujinshi that was put out a while back by ochawan and everyone on the forums... It looks very nice in my room. It's like it's Momoi approved XD

It was Okita Souji that first noticed your m.m.m. membership card. Paranda was sitting next to me in that line, so you met him, too. I see you've got the m.m.m. icon on now.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2009-05-27, 19:35:14 by tenton » Logged
Willsun

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009-05-27, 10:01:25 »

Hey guys, I finally got on the forums. It was great to meet all of you as well, although I can barely remember who is who to match with your forums names. I made it easy to identify me by using my mug for my avatar. I also got to take pictures with Mandi and paranda:

paranda and I in front of the concert stage.
Mandi and I after the last autograph signing.

Videos:

First video: Autograph fun
Second video: Maid Café dancing
Third video: Maid Café again with Saigo no Rock
Fourth video: Concert with a bunch of you guys on stage for Saigo no Rock!

My digital camera is sorely outdated, but it got the job done.

And here's my autographed stuff!

Momo-i Quality poster
21 Seiki poster

I'll be giving the Momo-i Quality poster to my friend who couldn't make it to Fanime. Poor guy. He's arguably a bigger Momoi fan than I am.

Anyway, catsspat, if you could hook me up with that group photo we had with Momoi, I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28, 05:56:56 by Willsun » Logged
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2009-05-27, 17:09:49 »

Your one-stop shop for all your HD concert needs. Once again, thanks to kanauru and kollunz.

Wow, looks great!! And edited with different angles so quickly!! Thanks!!

>Willsun
Wait.. who are you? Just kidding! ;D The avatar makes it very easy!!
Hello hello ;D Thanks for the pics and videos!
« Last Edit: 2009-05-27, 17:12:10 by mandi » Logged
zalas

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009-05-27, 17:14:36 »

My second momo-i concert was certainly no disappointment!  The call workshop was a great idea and it made it a LOT easier to follow all the people in the front row. XD  It was also really fun to hang out with everyone and blinding myself with ultra oranges.

By the way, I just read momo-i's post (http://ameblo.jp/momoi-ktkr/entry-10269026580.html) about her visiting the Computer History Museum, and I think one of the members here would be interested in what she said so here's a quick and dirty translation:
Thank you for the comments (^^ )

I saw a Next Cube for the first time in ~10 years in San Jose.

BeOS sure is nostalgic!
It brings up memories of the time I broke into a BeOS fan gathering dressed up as Sailor Mercury for some reason (^^;)
And by "Mercury" I'm referring to the X68K jk (^^ ) [Not exactly sure about my translation of this line, but the X68000 was a series of computers in Japan based on Motorola's 68000 processor.  Hardcore fans made their own expansion boards for it, one of which was the Mercury, a PCM sound card.  The creator of the Mercury wanted to record and playback Aya Hisakawa's (voice actress for Sailor Mercury) voice in high quality and thus created this expansion board.]

I wasn't able to find an FM Towns or an OASYS Pocket3 :(

^
|
There was a time when a person who says this would be called an 'otaku'. (^^ )
I wonder if people can actually give a proper reply to this (^^ )

"I see you are a retro PC maniac.  It all makes sense now."

"... Please speak in Japanese. (^^ )"

Oh yeah, I really liked that Mac Bros. magazine. (^^ )

And that's my blog entry. [Hai hai, Blog Blog.  Not sure how exactly to translate this <_<  But it's how she ends her blog entries.]
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009-05-27, 21:43:51 »

She dressed as Sailor Mercury? And they wanted to computer to sound like her?

Heehee, a Sailor Moon fan as well?  ;D

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009-05-28, 00:40:51 »

Shinatsu ni Notte. Which she did put up on Nico, in the form of that rehearsal from earlier.

Shihatsu ni Notte. Shihatsu = first train, Notte = to ride (-te form). We've reached the limits of Tim's Japanese skillz.
Priz
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009-05-28, 00:41:01 »

By the way, I just read momo-i's post (http://ameblo.jp/momoi-ktkr/entry-10269026580.html) about her visiting the Computer History Museum, and I think one of the members here would be interested in what she said so here's a quick and dirty translation:
BeOS sure is nostalgic!
It brings up memories of the time I broke into a BeOS fan gathering dressed up as Sailor Mercury for some reason (^^;)

Hmm, Sailor Mercury, you say... where have I seen THAT before?
(looks at Shinji as I showed him this page on Monday and told him the story.)

Note: This is the event in question that I was looking at coverage of as I was doing BeOS dev at the time and how I discovered Halko.  :-[ There were many other event reports that mentioned her and linked to her website, so... that's how it all started.  ;D
Okita Souji
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009-05-28, 00:52:15 »

Good to hear everyone made it home safe. Thanks to everyone that has uploaded videos and pics of the concert and other Momoi related events. 

This was probably the best convention i've ever been to. It was a blast to hang out and meet new people. In the end it was pretty hard to bring the weekend to a close, which is probably why Tenton and I got back to SoCal around 2am lol.

I am tired as heck but if I had a chance to do it all over again right now, i'd do it in a heartbeat lol.  ;D

Thank you to everyone who made this convention a great memory!
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28, 00:55:17 by Okita Souji » Logged
Okita Souji
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009-05-28, 00:54:11 »

Hmm, Sailor Mercury, you say... where have I seen THAT before?
(looks at Shinji as I showed him this page on Monday and told him the story.)

Note: This is the event in question that I was looking at coverage of as I was doing BeOS dev at the time and how I discovered Halko.  :-[ There were many other event reports that mentioned her and linked to her website, so... that's how it all started.  ;D

Woah! I didn't expect her costume to be a reference to a computer part.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28, 00:57:06 by Okita Souji » Logged
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009-05-28, 01:03:39 »

In the end it was pretty hard to bring the weekend to a close, which is probably why Tenton and I got back to SoCal around 2am lol.

I still went to work. I'm trying not to fall asleep; I'm still at work at the moment (though I'll attempt to not drive my car off the road soon).

I was so off that I missed the time for her live this morning. I couldn't add 2 hours to the time, correctly.  :'(
Bisuko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009-05-28, 02:38:28 »

Me and my fiance just got a chance to get on the internetz after the long drive back home yesterday. We're trying to adapt back into our regular routine of going to work and what not. Our first Momoi concert.....it was frikin' awesome. So happy we got the chance to go.

We want to let everyone that even though we didn't really properly introduce ourselves (gomen! :-[ We're actually kind of shy) :) it was really nice to meet you all.
The workshop was really fun and we learned alot! This was the first time we've tried to do calls so it really helped! Thank you guys!

Mandi! You are so sweet! Thank you for teaching me Thundersnake after the workshop. :D I hope to practice and hopefully in the future maybe get a chance to be up on stage with you guys and Momoi!  8)
We wish we would have hung out with you guys more but our shyness kind of kept us from putting ourselves out there. We vow to get into the mix more next event we see you guys at! We hope she comes to Anime Expo next year. We are crossing our fingers!

side note: what time did you guys get in line for the concert? We got there at 6 and there was already a line  :'( we wanted to be in the front practicing thundersnake with you guys. *sigh* oh well we still got good seats right in the middle. next time we have to be there earlier.
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2009-05-28, 03:04:05 »

I'm not exactly sure which forum members I was able to meet (I'm sure I met tenton and mandichan though...), but everyone was very nice to me, and the little time I was able to meet with you guys in the Monday autograph line was very fun ^_^
I got Momoi to sign the Cho Momoi doujinshi that was put out a while back by ochawan and everyone on the forums... It looks very nice in my room. It's like it's Momoi approved XD

It was Okita Souji that first noticed your m.m.m. membership card. Paranda was sitting next to me in that line, so you met him, too. I see you've got the m.m.m. icon on now.  ;D
Yep I was next to you. I forgot I already gave you the icon though and it only hit me when I got back that you were one of the ones who reported that the steps were working in the old forum.
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009-05-28, 03:08:36 »

I think the earliest was Coverman?  He was there at 11:40am.  I think cattspat was there before 2PM.  And most of the rest came after Momoi was done at the maid cafe I think.  I remember hearing him talking on the walkie talkie about it.

(Note: I may be incorrectly linking the names with the people)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28, 03:21:09 by Dracil » Logged
ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009-05-28, 03:35:45 »

Yep...I believe Coverman & Co. won the "Momoi Line Ironman Challenge." And that was under the heat of the sun for the first few hours.  Good thing the sun eventually went to the other side, it would've been hard to do otagei while sunburned  ;D.  Mad props to catsspat for bringing sunblock  :)...

When I got there at around 1:30-ish (I think), I plopped right behind catsspat and mandi.  Then a couple of dudes who didn't know much about Momoi and wanted to check out the hype lined up behind me, so the rest of the wait consisted of us subtly showing the awesomeness of being a Momoist to those dudes  ;D...

Welcome Zalas!!...Sorry for calling you "Zales" when we were getting directions to that karaoke place... ;D ;D ;D

SpAcE LoVe!
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009-05-28, 03:38:55 »

I think the earliest was Coverman?  He was there at 11:40am.  I think cattspat was there before 2PM.  And most of the rest came after Momoi was done at the maid cafe I think.  I remember hearing him talking on the walkie talkie about it.

(Note: I may be incorrectly linking the names with the people)

Another Japanese fan was waiting with Coverman pretty early on. Coverman was worried about lining up from before we even got to the convention center. Catsspat lined up after a few other people (they were in line for Makenai; I think they said they were friends of the band). Mandi went and lined up a little later, right behind catsspat.

BTW, that was my sunblock. Catsspat carried my bag of water over there; I forgot to take the sunblock out of my bag from Hawaii, so I mentioned that everyone could use it. Gogo laziness!  ;D

Momoi didn't go to the Maid Cafe; we were told she wasn't feeling very well so she didn't end up going. But yeah, after we were done with the Maid Cafe, we lined up; there were a few people behind Mandi. I think those of us at the Maid Cafe got there at around 3:30-3:45? I forget.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »