Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-02-24, 10:09:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Lounge
| | |-+  Questions About Yahoo Jp Auctions, Proxies & Alternatives
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Questions About Yahoo Jp Auctions, Proxies & Alternatives  (Read 5692 times)
alexd00

小麦っこ #01019

View Profile
« on: 2009-06-19, 14:42:39 »

So me & a friend are going to Japan next month for the Kanno Youko concert. We already got tickets, but ended up paying a ton in proxy fees due to the restrictions on Yahoo Jp auctions and pretty much every other site where you could get tickets. I was looking around online and saw that there's going to be a Mizuki Nana concert while we're there so I was thinking about getting tickets for that too. But before I ordered the tickets through a proxy again, I wanted to do a little research to see if there were any other options.

I have a friend studying abroad there, so it wouldn't be necessary to ship anything overseas. However, he does not have a Japanese credit card, which appears to be the main obstacle in ordering or bidding for items ourselves.

So basically, my questions are:
#1 - Does anybody have any recommended proxy services that have low fees?
#2 - Are there any purchase/ auction sites for Jp concert tickets that you don't need a Jp credit card for?
#3 - Is it possible (I know they have this in the US) to get "one-use" or "gift" credit cards in Japan?
#4 - Any other suggestions?

Any information would be appreciated. :)

えがおでなんでもできる
cat_clan
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-19, 19:24:12 »

The only proxies I have used in tha past are:
  • Rinkya is expensive for stuff under 40,000 yen. But it's cheaper after hitting the 40,000 yen mark
  • Celga is cheaper before the 40,000 yen mark. Since it's only a "10%" of the total bid, but doesn't have a maximun fee like Rinkya.

Some others I know, but I haven't used them are:
  • Goods from Japan is expensive with a 15% charge from the cost of product + cost of internal shipping.
  • Japan Auction Center seems like a good option with a commision of 800 yen + 8% of the total cost. But it can be expensier than Rinkya or Celga sometimes.

One thing I have learned with the years is that the best way to avoid paying a lot on internal shipping and transfer fees is to bid on items from the same seller that end on the same day. Also most of this sites try to combine fees whenever possible as long as your auctions are from the same seller and end on the same day.

For #2, even if you manage to get an auction site that does allow non Japanese credit cards, you will be missing the real auctions. Yahoo Auctions Japan, Rakuten, Mbok or Bidders accept non Japanese credit cards.

Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-19, 21:48:11 »

I usually use Goody Japan for everything and Crescent Shop when I need a live bid. And DankeDanke if I'm buying expensive, light things or if I want to keep the points from the online shop for myself (but they won't work for auctions). I've also used Shopping Mall Japan for some of the more *coughcough* goods since they ship all their US orders to their US warehouse in large batches, so the final leg with your address on it doesn't go through customs...

Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-19, 22:54:17 »

Do you need a Japanese credit card for amazon.jp? My friend is studying abroad this summer, and I was gonna give him the money to buy and send me the AX concert DVD and Under17 meets witch cds.

shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-20, 00:21:47 »

The AX concert DVD is a Toranoana exclusive. I don't think you'll find it on Amazon. But for the other things, Amazon does international shipping and they accept foreign cards. Just, you're limited to books, CDs, and DVDs. This rules out Key Sounds Label, which is listed under software on Amazon, as well as games -_-; You'll want to use Goody, Danke, or something similar to get the AX DVD. Or see if I can find it for you when I'm there in a week.

Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-20, 07:44:01 »

I just wondered if he would have trouble getting things with his presumably non-Japanese credit card.

Thank you for offering, but I can't ask you for that.  :-[ I won't be ready with the money until much later either.

8BB76E1
« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-21, 20:17:26 »

I decided to try Shopping Mall Japan for an auction of a seller who is blacklisted at CS.. ^_^ And it is pretty clumsy compared to CS, also the "search" function doesn't seem to work, but I finally managed to make a bid somehow.. So I hope it'll turn out well.. ^_^
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »