Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-09-22, 16:50:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Visual Culture Room
| | |-+  Touhou Project
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Touhou Project  (Read 10309 times)
8BB76E1
« on: 2009-05-30, 22:34:33 »

Well... I'm just curious if there's someone else, who likes playing TH or other similar games.
My long time favourite from TH would be Imperishable Night.

(just for the case you don't know, what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou_Project )
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30, 22:38:46 by 8BB76E1 » Logged
tomoyo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-30, 22:45:07 »

Reminding me of Karaoke on Saturday Night at Fanime...a lot of touhou doujin music singing going on. (Btw everyone was totally awesome there!).
I'm definitely a big fan myself and imperishable night's my favorite game and music-wise also!
Sadly I'm pretty bad at bullet hell and can only kinda do decently on normal so far.
I wish Phantasmagoria of Flower View worked better online, it's too laggy to actually play on the internet with anyone.
8BB76E1
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-30, 23:11:11 »

Reminding me of Karaoke on Saturday Night at Fanime...a lot of touhou doujin music singing going on.
o_o That must have been great! ^^
Sadly I'm pretty bad at bullet hell and can only kinda do decently on normal so far.
Same here. ^^;; But I'm working on it. ^_^ Normal is ok, but in my best try at Hard, I finished 5th level and run out of time. ^__^
I wish Phantasmagoria of Flower View worked better online, it's too laggy to actually play on the internet with anyone.
I wanted to try this out online, but TH games are still pretty unknown / unpopular in my country.
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-30, 23:24:11 »

Here's another vote for Imperishable Night. I play Youmu/Yuyuko, and suck badly at doing so, but only because I recently got back into it and discovered I totally lost all of my prior experience in IN, haha.
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-30, 23:50:21 »

Mmm, I love Touhou.  Used to hang out on the shrinemaiden forums and IRC channel all the time.

There were several artists with Touhou artwork in the artist alley, and one dealer with Touhou goods (Toylet).  Got myself Touhou playing cards and a Patchu bookmark.

I used to put up my Touhou videos on Youtube as well.  http://www.youtube.com/user/Dracil

IN was my first Touhou.  I really liked Shoot the Bullet as well just for being a very refreshing take on shooters, and I like doing single spellcards in general, like the Last Words in IN.  I really should try to get back into it with UFO and SWR.

I think my highest score on IN Extra was with Youmu-only, because of the half gauge bonus.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30, 23:56:13 by Dracil » Logged
tomoyo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-31, 00:01:27 »

There were several artists with Touhou artwork in the artist alley, and one dealer with Touhou goods (Toylet).  Got myself Touhou playing cards and a Patchu bookmark.

Someone is way too good :)
That reminds me last year at fanime, I got an eirin bookmark from a touhou artist at the touhou gathering. I was a semi-fail cosplay of eirin at the time ^^;
8BB76E1
« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-31, 00:12:06 »

I used to put up my Touhou videos on Youtube as well.  http://www.youtube.com/user/Dracil
You're pretty good. o_o Finishing extra... I didn't get past 199...
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009-05-31, 01:20:07 »

Someone is way too good :)
That reminds me last year at fanime, I got an eirin bookmark from a touhou artist at the touhou gathering. I was a semi-fail cosplay of eirin at the time ^^;

Lisu, yes? He was selling shirts this year and I was hella broke so I couldn't nab one x_x

UFO looks pretty weird for a Touhou game, what with all the huge enemies, "cannons", and the UFOs...almost as though ZUN's trying to change Touhou a bit much.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31, 01:21:44 by Spiritsnare » Logged
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-05-31, 03:33:30 »

Oh hey, that's where I got the Patchu bookmark.  I forgot they had shirts, unless he already sold out of them.  I didn't buy anything till Sunday.  His friend was doing a Reimu cosplay.
ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-05-31, 04:27:05 »

Reminding me of Karaoke on Saturday Night at Fanime...a lot of touhou doujin music singing going on. (Btw everyone was totally awesome there!).

Were those the songs with the fast beats and the repetitive lyrics?  The ones mandi, shinji, and zalas were singing for the most part?  Those songs were fun, and I found myself singing with them coz it was easy to catch on  ;D

SpAcE LoVe!
shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009-05-31, 06:08:16 »

てゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐてゐ

8BB76E1
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-31, 08:45:06 »

UFO looks pretty weird for a Touhou game, what with all the huge enemies, "cannons", and the UFOs...almost as though ZUN's trying to change Touhou a bit much.
Well... It is strange. But I like the idea that you can choose, if you want more lives, bombs, or points. ^_^
zalas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-31, 19:44:22 »

Were those the songs with the fast beats and the repetitive lyrics?  The ones mandi, shinji, and zalas were singing for the most part?  Those songs were fun, and I found myself singing with them coz it was easy to catch on  ;D
Yeah, pretty much.  I'm glad Gamba (great Japanese karaoke place in Cupertino) upgraded to Joysound, since now there's a ton of variety.
うさうさうさうさうさうさうさうさうさうさうさうさうさ
Though one of my favorites was that WTF Space Battleship Yamato karaoke video where the lyrics were wreaking havoc on people's everyday lives.  I think you have a video of that, shinji?

And as for getting back on topic, I think I know more about Touhou music than the games themselves (since I've played around with making arrangements of Touhou music and have finished three songs) ><  Still working on clearing the EoSD trial version on normal difficulty.  Icicle Fall is definitely harder when it's not on Easy mode <_<;

Lastly, my friend came up with an awesome idea one night while we were driving out to Pho: Otagei(odori) Danmakufuu.

Basically, there's this program called Danmakufuu that lets you create your own danmaku (bullet curtain) patterns a la Touhou.  Someone should make patterns based on Thundersnake or Romance.  A LOVE.EXE "level" would be quite 1337.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31, 19:46:15 by zalas » Logged
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-05-31, 20:02:57 »

That would be funny.  Someone did the Lucky Star dance in danmakufu.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm290250 and http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1150467

To actually make it challenging, it should have Momoi on a stage cutting off half the screen, with the audience below doing otagei and you in the area between them and the stage trying to dodge.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31, 20:05:52 by Dracil » Logged
zalas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-05-31, 20:08:44 »

Haha, that's awesome, although a bit impractical; I was hoping for something that was more natural looking but that was very amusing.

I guess I was thinking of more traditional bullet patterns.  Like, you're fighting momo-i or a character she plays and she launches stuff that look like danmaku, but are based on otagei moves.  The E X E thing could be two lasers that sweep back and forth coming from bits she launches or something.  The UO part could be converging circles of yellow-orange bullets, since you're technically giving momo-i energy at that point.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31, 20:11:19 by zalas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »