Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-12-12, 16:58:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Lounge
| | |-+  Glowstick info
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Glowstick info  (Read 14722 times)
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« on: 2009-05-27, 21:38:17 »

So... I'm looking for info on purchasing glowsticks (both chemical and battery) so I can be better prepared for next time. :D  e.g. Best place to get them/brand/type/other considerations.  Thanks!
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-27, 22:11:42 »

Heeeeey, I was just about to post something like this.

First of all, from what I can gather, a couple people equip themselves with Fenix LD10s/LD20s with the Traffic Light addon.

Now, what I'm interested in are ordering bulk glowsticks, and then on top of that, bulk UOs...
tomoyo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-27, 22:41:22 »

Great topic, I was going to look into led/etc battery based glowsticks too. I'm kinda thinking chemical ones are only fun for the UOs :)
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-28, 00:28:43 »

The UOs are the best ones to replace with LED sticks, because one can go through so many of them during a concert.

Actually, alexd00 found his at Walgreens? Those were actually pretty nice. I have those Happy Camper Light Sticks, but those things are kind of crappy; they like to turn off when you use them for calls (the connection can be a bit loose and jarring them can shut them off).

For UO replacement, if you want decent, there's the post in the old forums by catsspat. We're still waiting for Fenix to send catsspat a commission check, on the amount of flashlights + traffic wands he's sold.
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-28, 01:05:05 »

Ah thanks for the info.  So that's the old forums.  Gonna need to peruse it for other info later.

So I guess most people still use regular glowsticks for the other colors?  Since you said the Happy Camper Light Sticks don't seem that good.
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-28, 01:15:57 »

So I guess most people still use regular glowsticks for the other colors?  Since you said the Happy Camper Light Sticks don't seem that good.

Well, I still use the Happy Camper sticks, but that's because I already bought them. I'm looking for a replacement for them. I try to limit my chemical stick usage (says the guy carting around glowsticks for the audience  :-[ ).
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-28, 02:47:39 »

Yeah most of the electronic orange ones you see are probably Fenix LD20 with the wand thanks to catsspat. It is bulky though so sometimes you still want to grab a lot of UOs. For serious UO you should probably get Cyalume with is about $2 - $3. We learned at Fanime that the Omniglow knockoffs are much cheaper and almost as bright when cracked, but turn yellow after about a minute - looks kinda awkward when you fizzle out on stage while Momoi is still orange ^_^;;

Also alexd00, please post the brand and model of whatever you got because those things are so incredible. They are comparable to nearly anything I can stick on a 60 dollar flashlight and should replace any need for super blues in the future.

Damn look at how BRIGHT it is!!
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28, 02:56:34 by paranda » Logged
ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-05-28, 03:43:54 »

Also alexd00, please post the brand and model of whatever you got because those things are so incredible. They are comparable to nearly anything I can stick on a 60 dollar flashlight and should replace any need for super blues in the future.

Damn look at how BRIGHT it is!!

Seconded.  AlexD00, what the heck did you feed those glowsticks with?!  Uranium?!  :o  ;D.  And you got those at Walgreens?!  :o

SpAcE LoVe!
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009-05-28, 04:10:27 »

Yeah, I find it somewhat hard to believe that those come from Walgreens, those things are crazy!

For bulk Cyalume UOs, I found this. And even then, for regular ones, the other ones further down the page look pretty promising; it felt like the sticks I had equipped on me were barely glowing compared to you guys, even when you guys were using normal sticks instead of UOs/Fenixes. Does anyone have experience with non-UO/high-red/high-yellow Cyalume sticks?
Okita Souji
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-05-28, 04:16:58 »

Yeah, I find it somewhat hard to believe that those come from Walgreens, those things are crazy!

For bulk Cyalume UOs, I found this. And even then, for regular ones, the other ones further down the page look pretty promising; it felt like the sticks I had equipped on me were barely glowing compared to you guys, even when you guys were using normal sticks instead of UOs/Fenixes. Does anyone have experience with non-UO/high-red/high-yellow Cyalume sticks?

I got a couple non UO high intensity sticks from catsspat. The blue and yellow ones lasted a bit longer than the UO ones did.

I ended up using this http://glowproducts.com/glowsticks/ledsignstick/ for the concert but it fell apart 1/2 through. It's pretty bright, but the endcap needs to be taped down or else it'll shoot off.

Here's one I did for the concert. http://www.flickr.com/photos/okitasouji/3545097466/
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-05-28, 04:26:38 »

The only glowsticks I found on the Walgreens site are these: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304722&navAction=jump&navCount=0&nug=VPD&skuid=sku5833055&id=prod5834188# ($5 each)

If they're really that good, Costco has them in a bigger bulk price. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11377118 ($3.5 each)
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-28, 04:35:14 »

It says "Web only"- if he got it at a brick and mortar shop, then those might not be it.
alexd00

小麦っこ #01019

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-28, 14:49:00 »

Wow, ok I'm not going to try to quote all the stuff so here's the short version.

>>Dracil
Those definitely aren't the ones I found. I looked online and I couldn't see the ones I got.

>>ObLaCxZ
They run on three AAA batteries (included when I bought them).

>>tenton
For as cheap as they were ($3 each) and as cheap as they felt (very light and not so solid along the lighted section), they held together really well. I didn't notice any blink-offs and they survived the trip home despite not being packed very securely. They even have two modes, continuous light or flashing.

I was actually looking at them last night trying to figure out the brand because I was thinking about trying to get other colors for the future (or maybe get some white ones and make my own colors). Unfortunately, I couldn't see anything on the molded plastic section, and I had already ripped off parts of the stickers before the concert, so a lot of it was illegible. There's a couple Walgreens pretty close to where I live, so I will probably head out to one if I can't decipher what's on the stickers. They should be pretty easy to spot if you want to look for them too. They're made for 4th of July, so they've got a red handle with an American flag design on it. The top is white (I think) with a big star on the end. They had two different light colors when I was there - a solid blue type and a red/ white/ blue type. They were in a box at the checkout counter when I found them and the packaging is set up so that they're standing upright. They also have a 'test' button so you can see what color you're getting before you buy.

えがおでなんでもできる
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009-05-28, 21:36:51 »

>>ObLaCxZ
They run on three AAA batteries (included when I bought them).

>>tenton
For as cheap as they were ($3 each) and as cheap as they felt (very light and not so solid along the lighted section), they held together really well.

$3 for a really good light with batteries included? That's hella good!

I'll be doing investigation into this next week if Alex hasn't already done so by then.
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-05-28, 22:41:27 »

I went to my local Walgreens and they only had this $2 8-in-1 glowstick that uses AG13 batteries.  Didn't look like it was 4th of July themed.

There is a 4th of July themed glowstick on their site but that's also a web-exclusive.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28, 22:43:37 by Dracil » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »