Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-06-19, 02:29:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Event Stage
| | |-+  Momoi at Fanime 09: May 22-25
Linked Events
  • FanimeCon: 2009-05-22 - 2009-05-25
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print
Author Topic: Momoi at Fanime 09: May 22-25  (Read 96045 times)
djmod

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009-05-30, 18:26:54 »

I'm glad to hear Momoi was in good hands, Alex. Were there any particularly funny things you, Momoi, and the rest of her entourage do with the time you were together? I know Momoi herself must've posted a lot of things on her blog, but I can't read Japanese unfortunately.

I'll try recap the things we did starting on Thursday:

Thu: Winchester Mystery House, Santana Row and Valley Fair Mall, Safeway
While Momoi-san went shopping around Santana Row, the rest of the crew went to Borders.  Some got guitar-related books.  At Valley Fair, we had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen; then we split into group to go shopping around.  Afterwards, it was Safeway next to Valley Fair.  FYI, it's good to have a Safeway club card  ;D

Fri: Apple Corporate Store and The Computer History Museum
http://ameblo.jp/momoi-ktkr/entry-10266190092.html
Went to the Apple Corporate Store; the pic was taken using the 23" iMac; everyone was able to get into the shot; Danielle's arm can be seen to the left.  Kudos to Danielle for helping Momoi-san to get the pic posted to her blog (Sorry, I am a PC guy  :P).
Then to the Computer History Museum, about this time I was feeling the effects of my injury from my fall off my bike from last week; so I sat down for the remainder of the time we were there.

Sat: Valley Fair, Safeway
Valley Fair - for some reason everyone wanted to go.  So Kent and I took the group to Valley Fair.  Had dinner at Lori's Diner; then we split into groups.  I ran into Meki-san (the guitarist).  He was looking around trying to find a new wallet to fit Japanese yen (the Yen and Dollar bills are of different size).  This was a challenge since we looked at a lot of stores that sell wallets and had to walk across the mall twice.  He settled on buying a wallet at Kenneth Cole.  Regardless, he was very happy.  8)
Then another Safeway run....
Here were some of the pics I provided to her:
http://ameblo.jp/momoi-ktkr/entry-10267227788.html
http://ameblo.jp/momoi-ktkr/entry-10267613976.html

Sun: Safeway (near Race St.)
And this is after the concert....
I have videos of her during sound check and backstage, though I can't post them at this time.

Mon: BBQ with the Musicfest staff
http://ameblo.jp/momoi-ktkr/entry-10268160341.html

Tue: Seeing off Momoi-san and crew
I got Tsubaki-san (the bassist) a little care package since he wasn't feeling well.  Got pics taken with him and Momoi-san, and then everyone.  I also got my card signed from Momoi-san and crew.
Here's a pic with Momoi-san with the GR staff:
http://ameblo.jp/momoi-ktkr/entry-10269462183.html

I guess I was practically running on adrenaline for four days and sleeping 4-hour nights.  I crashed the next day...
CupcakeAndTea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2009-05-31, 01:23:06 »

I'm glad everyone is still happy and keeping things flowing since the con...

Cupcakes: If she comes back next year, we'll have to start a fund to bring you to Fanime. That's all there is to it. :)

actually how much was the overall cost for everyone? if I know earlier I could end up saving up :) Id love to go on a trip with my boyfriend

XoXo CC&T
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009-05-31, 03:51:53 »

$60 weekend pass, probably $40 of food/drinks.  $20 of transportation cost, $350 in hotel cost.  ~$100 of goodies bought.

Pre-reg can bring weekend pass to $45.  Hotel cost is cheaper if you're not by yourself.  Goodies bought depends on your self-control.  :P
ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009-05-31, 04:51:03 »

ObLaCxZ: Like I said, next time you're down we're going to one of these three:
http://www.jatbar.com/reviews/Sunnyvale/Tres_Potrillos_Taqueria.asp (carnitas bowl!)
http://www.pampaspaloalto.com/
http://www.solfoodrestaurant.com/

No doubt Priz!  I'm down with that!  I'll definitely give you a call when I'm headed down there and I'll make sure to miss a meal to be prepared.  Don't forget about that Texas Roadhouse Steak Restaurant you mentioned too  ;D.  Steaks in my town suck :P...   Hope you had fun at the Maker Faire!

>Alex (djmod)
From your recap, it looks like I'll be a Safeway patron for life  ;D. Nice of you folks to give Momoi & Co. a discount via the club card.  Good move Priz! ;D

>CupcakeAndTea
My total came to about $550.00 for everything Momoi-related (gas, hotel, glowsticks, registration, etc. etc.) and about $650.00 with the extra stuff I bought at the dealer's room.  Keep note though that I was there from Saturday to Monday only  :)
If she does come back, maybe an early Christmas present from your boyfriend is in order?  ;)...

SpAcE LoVe!
Willsun

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009-05-31, 20:56:02 »

actually how much was the overall cost for everyone? if I know earlier I could end up saving up :) Id love to go on a trip with my boyfriend

Gas: $35
Weekend Pass: $60
Momoi merchandise (shirt + wristband): $45
Misc. merchandise: $30
Food: $10

Total: $180

I'm absolutely serious about all my costs. I stayed at a friend's house for free who lives about 15 minutes away from the convention center in Fremont and he didn't let me pay when we went out to eat except one meal where I insisted on putting in ten bucks. I had also prepared Togo's sandwiches before I drove down (my home is about 1 hour 30 minutes away) and used the rest of my school meal credits to pay for those (essentially free since I work for the school and room and board is all I'm paid). This meant two large sandwiches and I ate a half of each per meal so it covered 4 meals.

[Edit:]

>Alex: Sounds like you had guys had a modestly good time. I mean that with good intentions since there aren't that many landmarks around the area (that I know of) to see unless you guys wanted to drive a lot farther. San Francisco probably would've had to have been a whole day trip if you wanted to take Momoi there, but doubtful to be fitted into Momoi's schedule this time.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31, 21:02:51 by Willsun » Logged
zalas

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 2009-05-31, 21:01:21 »

Gas: $35
Weekend Pass: $60
Momoi merchandise (shirt + wristband): $45
Misc. merchandise: $30
Food: $10

Total: $180

I'm absolutely serious about all my costs. I stayed at a friend's house for free who lives about 15 minutes away from the convention center in Fremont and he didn't let me pay when we went out to eat except one meal where I insisted on putting in ten bucks. I had also prepared Togo's sandwiches before I drove down (my home is about 1 hour 30 minutes away) and used the rest of my school meal credits to pay for those (essentially free since I work for the school and room and board is all I'm paid). This meant two large sandwiches and I ate a half of each per meal so it covered 4 meals.
I think you forgot the:

An awesome weekend with Halko Momoi: Priceless.

:D
Willsun

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2009-05-31, 21:04:38 »

Haha, I think that goes without saying and could be added to everyone's price list. :)

Momoi concert: Sweat, all my energy, my voice
catsspat
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 2009-06-01, 02:27:41 »

I just realized, the callbook only has the link to the Japanese fan page.
There is an English (and German) page, but they're not linked from the Japanese main page due to, well, strong-arming by RIAA equivalent of Japan.

http://www.momoi-halko.jp/eng/
B-DASH

君は君のままで大丈夫だよ

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2009-06-05, 13:19:15 »

;D
FINALLY...I'll post on this thread even if is toooo late xD (Sorry, too many comments, nothing interesting to say except for: AWESOME)
I really enjoyed reading all your updates and watching the photos and videos. I recognize most of you in them ^^ And everybody did a GREAT JOB. Really.

Maybe a big "map of momoists" should be made for next concerts?

I'm definitely going to live in California xD!

.......... I wish someday I could go to an Idol concert...

paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2009-06-05, 14:30:17 »

Say Willsun, whatever happened to Tir McDohl anyway? He seems like a pretty old school Momoist too and I just realized I didn't get to meet him.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-05, 14:32:12 by paranda » Logged
lyricaldanichan

The FUTURE needs a big KISS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: 2009-06-06, 22:49:45 »

I don't think there will be a issue bringing Momoi back. She really impressed everybody at the convention. I would be very shocked if we did not invite her, but everybody is taking a month off from doing con stuff.

Heh I didn't know there was SA goons here on the boards! That is awesome! I did meet MDL from SA/Raspberry Heaven! I guess there was semi-goon meets during fanime?

Danielle

Danielle and Priz, if there's anything we can do to bring her back, please let us know.  I'm not really sure what I can do personally, but I've been told that I do a pretty decent job at begging  :D.  Thanks again for making this one of the best cons ever from start to finish.
Iyoko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2009-06-07, 00:19:09 »

I'm not exactly sure which forum members I was able to meet (I'm sure I met tenton and mandichan though...), but everyone was very nice to me, and the little time I was able to meet with you guys in the Monday autograph line was very fun ^_^
I got Momoi to sign the Cho Momoi doujinshi that was put out a while back by ochawan and everyone on the forums... It looks very nice in my room. It's like it's Momoi approved XD

It was Okita Souji that first noticed your m.m.m. membership card. Paranda was sitting next to me in that line, so you met him, too. I see you've got the m.m.m. icon on now.  ;D

Okay. Hopefully I can match names to faces now!!

I think I should apologize for being so anti-social and quiet... Usually at anime cons, I'm so overwhelmed by the experience of being with other otaku who understand me that I really don't know what to talk about >_>;;

I had to run off afterwards very quickly as well, because I drove home that same day. I think next time I'll attempt to stay a bit longer for a picture with the group and Momoi, if she's able to come back to Fanime. (I really hope she can!)
ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2009-06-07, 06:15:53 »

I don't think there will be a issue bringing Momoi back. She really impressed everybody at the convention. I would be very shocked if we did not invite her, but everybody is taking a month off from doing con stuff.

must....control....excitement... ;D

You can bet that I'll be bat-crazy again once it's official ;D

SpAcE LoVe!
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2009-06-07, 23:37:05 »

I only posted stuff like cosplayers and that (supposedly yearly) Christian protest on ADTRW because they're not really Momoi-related. Also that group pic I was under the assumption that everyone who wanted a copy got theirs, but I can link it here:

Our fabulous group pic!

I think I only got to talk to you a bit when we were waiting outside the autograph room in that back hallway. As Obla mentioned, you had that "constellations" t-shirt. I wasn't wearing anything fancy as you can tell (I'm next to the guy on the very right in the red Momoi shirt wearing a dark navy color).

When did you take that?  :-\

Grr, fanime came at a seriously bad time, but I persevered through the school drama and had fun! I wonder if she'll come to AX? If she does return to fanime, I'll have to make sure to pick easier classes!  :D

I wonder what next-year's t-shirt will look like? (Is there a place to buy the Sunday Early Morning tees? Those are cute) I missed out on the 07 one with the anime rendition of her. T_T
« Last Edit: 2009-06-07, 23:44:03 by Nekorin » Logged

Willsun

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2009-06-08, 05:23:02 »

Say Willsun, whatever happened to Tir McDohl anyway? He seems like a pretty old school Momoist too and I just realized I didn't get to meet him.

I've hung out with him on IRC channels since forever and it sucked when he told me he couldn't make it to Fanime after initially being the one to tell me Momoi was coming. Seeing as how Fanime was also held on the same weekend as Memorial weekend, the only coworker he could switch with had long since requested that weekend off before Tir could. The least I could do was get a poster of his favorite album signed and sent to him (Momo-i Quality). Momoi signed that one a lot cooler than my other one too... :(
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print 
« previous next »