Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-05-21, 04:54:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Visual Culture Room
| | |-+  Favorite Anime?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favorite Anime?  (Read 7644 times)
Nekorin

View Profile
« on: 2009-05-20, 03:25:21 »

Generic title I know, just trying to get some conversation moving. :)

My favorite anime is Sailor Moon, I am obsessed with it and have seen every episode.

I also like Evangelion, Death Note, most of the mainstream anime like Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Naruto etc, and some more obscure things, like of course, Nurse Witch Komugi among others. :)

What are some of your favorite anime series?

ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-20, 04:21:51 »

Generic title I know, just trying to get some conversation moving. :)

My favorite anime is Sailor Moon, I am obsessed with it and have seen every episode.

I also like Evangelion, Death Note, most of the mainstream anime like Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Naruto etc, and some more obscure things, like of course, Nurse Witch Komugi among others. :)

What are some of your favorite anime series?

Which Sailor Moon series is your favorite?  I've heard different things from fans....from Sailor Moon to Sailor Stars and everything in between.  Is there a consensus among fans as to the best series overall?

And it sucks they got rid of Naruto on CN.  I miss that show...and it's not the same when you watch it online on the CN website...

As for me, I LOVE Serial Experiments Lain.  I'm more into the cerebral stuff.  I've seen it over and over again and I still haven't figured it all out. :)

Although I may not be the biggest Momoi fan when it comes to her anime works, she's a great seiyuu.  Matter of fact, Paranoia Agent's in my top ten, and a lot of it has to do with her work as Maromi.  And of course, her music's always the best!

SpAcE LoVe!
shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-20, 04:28:49 »

Nurse Witch Komugi? Never heard of it. Sounds like a really dark anime. Any particular reason for using it as an example? :)

I don't know what my favorite anime is, though it's probably Mahoromatic, CCS, CLANNAD, or Kamichu!.

Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-20, 05:38:32 »

@ ObLaCxZ

I love every series of Sailor Moon, I could probably only name 1 episode I didn't like too much. Among fans, S, the third season is most popular, and SuperS the fourth is the least popular. I love them both, though the last season Sailor Stars has the most drama.

I've been watching Shippuden on hulu, I hope they dub it soon, I love Orochimaru's english voice.

What's Serial Experiments Lain about? I've heard it mentioned before.

I liked Paranoia agent too! But I saw it dubbed, and was surprised to find out later that Halko was Maromi. I'm hoping to get Seto no Hanayome when its released in America.

@ shinji: LOL, the overtones of disease and iniquity coupled with the shame of not living up to objectified standards makes Nurse Witch Komugi a very dark anime. As for using it as an example... I'm hardpressed to find any other anime I own that aren't mainstream? LOL.

I want to check out Mahoromatic, and I need to finish CardCaptor Sakura. But what does CLANNAD stand for? XD

EDIT: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7809 Oh, it's not an acronym...
« Last Edit: 2009-05-20, 05:44:02 by Nekorin » Logged

Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-20, 19:49:10 »

In no particular order, Azumanga Daioh, Hidamari Sketch, Sketchbook ~full color's~. Since Sketchbook is the latest addition (and the scanlators for Sketchbook usually release two chapters a week), that's my current obsession.

I think I enjoy light-hearted slice-of-life a bit too much...if there's such a thing to begin with :x
shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-20, 22:41:25 »

In no particular order, Azumanga Daioh, Hidamari Sketch, Sketchbook ~full color's~. Since Sketchbook is the latest addition (and the scanlators for Sketchbook usually release two chapters a week), that's my current obsession.

I think I enjoy light-hearted slice-of-life a bit too much...if there's such a thing to begin with :x

Do you like bugs too, Kurihara-senpai? :)

cat_clan
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-21, 03:37:46 »

I recently ended watching Toradora and I loved the series. So it's starting to be one of my favorites. For me is really hard to pick favorite Anime series... I really like a lot of them, but I don't think I have a favorite Anime and it changes as the time passes. For example, when I started on Anime (some years ago...) I loved Sailor Moon and became a big big fan, nowdays I still remember it fondly, but I'm not the biggest fan around.

Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-05-21, 04:43:26 »

@ ObLaCxZ

I love every series of Sailor Moon, I could probably only name 1 episode I didn't like too much. Among fans, S, the third season is most popular, and SuperS the fourth is the least popular. I love them both, though the last season Sailor Stars has the most drama.

I've been watching Shippuden on hulu, I hope they dub it soon, I love Orochimaru's english voice.

What's Serial Experiments Lain about? I've heard it mentioned before.

I liked Paranoia agent too! But I saw it dubbed, and was surprised to find out later that Halko was Maromi. I'm hoping to get Seto no Hanayome when its released in America.

I remember someone told me that a major character died in Sailor Moon.  I've only seen a few episodes then and I haven't seen that episode, but I distinctly remember thinking how it was a bold, gutsy move on the show's part to pull something like that on a magical girl show.  I'll probably follow what you said and start with S.  I figure I shouldn't get too lost even if I started on the third season, right?

Serial Experiments Lain....hmmm.  Well, it's about a girl who tinkers a lot with her computer, and that's when all hell breaks loose.  That's where conspiracies, semi-alternate realities, and suffocating networks in the Wired come in, all centered around Lain.  I mean, I've seen it many times, and I've read wikipedia entries and essays about it, but really it's so surreal and open to interpretation that it becomes what you make it out to be.  I like those kinds of shows...

But sometimes these kinds of shows make my head hurt by having to think and analyze too much.  And that's where something like Nurse Witch Komugi would come in to put my mind at ease, in spite of its "dark" themes...  ;D ;D

SpAcE LoVe!
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009-05-21, 07:30:52 »

@cat_clan - I've been hearing too many good things about Toradora, I should probably pick it up again.

Do you like bugs too, Kurihara-senpai? :)
Why stop at 'like'? :3
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-05-21, 09:10:08 »

Actually the best character deaths are all in the first and last season. The first season's finale was so heavilly edited in the dub that the last two episodes became one. (the last season was too controversial to even attempt dubbing at the time, but is fairly tame compared to something like Eva) Season 3 does have alot of the best action though, and the quickest plot. I guess you can start watching there, though for a quick series intro the first movie is very good.

That does sound complicated, but I'll give it a try. :)

And I'm still hoping for a nurse witch Komugi tv. XD

B-DASH

君は君のままで大丈夫だよ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-05-27, 18:52:32 »

Sailor Moon series are surely between my favourites, specially R saga. I watched it a lot when I was little in Spanish, and some years ago again in Japanese.

Another one is Ranma series. I'm a fan of the soundtrack and the characters!

: D a less "classic" anime but GREAT too, is Abenobashi Shoutengai. I found these series amazing.

Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-27, 21:44:41 »

Is that "Shopping Arcade" Abenobashi? I want to see more of that series too.

Willsun

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-28, 00:36:02 »

@cat_clan - I've been hearing too many good things about Toradora, I should probably pick it up again.

I recommend you pick it up as well. You won't be disappointed considering you don't dislike the drama genre.

My personal favorites so far are Code Geass and Ouran. I generally like drama/comedy/slice-of-life series, but Code Geass is well done and I still have that mecha fanboy within me. I don't watch that much mecha though, because I'm pretty picky about it.
alexd00

小麦っこ #01019

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-05-28, 14:59:58 »

It's been pretty much the same for quite some time now. There are great series that come out every season, but they can't crack my top five.

#1 - Cardcaptor Sakura
#2 - FLCL
#3 - Magic User's Club OVA
#4 - El Hazard OVA I
#5 - Tenchi Muyo in Love

Some of the more recent anime I've really liked include Eureka Seven, Mushishi and the Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

えがおでなんでもできる
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009-05-28, 22:16:59 »

I love Mushishi <3 and ghibli films... aaand... Haibane Renmei. and~

I dunno. i don't watch much new anime actually... Idol Project!! I love it :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZ3mz9AHQY&feature=PlayList&p=94E351AC270E55C7&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30

Not favorite though. I dunnoooo!

みず きらい あなた すき

I forget to think before I act...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »