Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-05-22, 08:17:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Visual Culture Room
| | |-+  Madoka Magica
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Madoka Magica  (Read 3909 times)
Nekorin

View Profile
« on: 2012-10-29, 04:45:37 »

Just spent more money than I care to repeat on a bunch of Madoka stuff. I found the show really touching! Anyone else?

mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-29, 09:35:23 »

I saw the movies on the opening weekends! Fun to see even if they were mostly the same as the TV series ;D
But the theater I went to ran out of the pieces of film...... :'(
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-29, 20:14:01 »

Pieces of film? I didn't get anything like that either... But I love the poster I got! Want it framed. :D

I'm delighted that the domestic movie run did so well. I thought I'd be going to a theater with like 5 others at first, but it was selling out! Now I'm psyched for the 3rd movie...

Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-12-07, 14:09:18 »

And now I have seen the new Rebellion movie...

I certainly wasn't expecting the outcome.

shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2013-12-08, 05:11:58 »

魔法戦隊プエレンジャー!

psychohistory

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-12-08, 16:00:13 »

Ya, I'm still not sure if I like the ending or not.  I'm not even sure I understand it to be honest, lol.  I won't spoil, but after everyone's seen it, someone explain it to me ._.  But the art/music was outstanding.
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-12-10, 08:18:29 »

魔法戦隊プエレンジャー!

I'm pretty sure everyone was thinking that. I know I certainly was.  ;D
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-12-10, 09:13:18 »

魔法戦隊プエレンジャー!

I'm pretty sure everyone was thinking that. I know I certainly was.  ;D

Google translate gave me a bizarre translation for that... But when I looked at the romaji I understood. XD

Ya, I'm still not sure if I like the ending or not.  I'm not even sure I understand it to be honest, lol.  I won't spoil, but after everyone's seen it, someone explain it to me ._.  But the art/music was outstanding.

I understood it. I'm gonna write this small so I won't spoil anyone. Quote or copy and paste to read.

Basically, when Madoka erased her own memories, she confessed to Homura that isolating herself from the others was something she never wanted to do. After this, powered by her mad obsession, Homura took it upon herself to rip off a piece of Ultimate Madoka, the piece that was her original human self, and restructure a new universe around her where everyone is artificially happy. However this scenario disrespects Madoka's original selfless intentions, and who knows what consequences Demon Homura's world has... Madoka wants to return things to the way they were, but Homura hates seeing Madoka sacrifice herself so much she says "I will make you happy. If you keep being so selfless, we might become enemies." The ending theme's lyrics seem to highlight Madoka's new role as a bird in a cage.

Personally I'm very hurt by this ending. I guess I've over-identified with Homura up till now. I've got a few things in common with her, and I was very touched by the amount of caring she showed in braving that tragic timeloop. But now we can see she was also motivated by an unhealthy psychological dependence on Madoka. And in fact, this shocking decision is quite in her character. Since it looks very much like there will be more to this story, I'm really hoping there's still hope for her.
« Last Edit: 2013-12-10, 09:16:34 by Nekorin » Logged

psychohistory

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-12-12, 18:10:23 »

Basically, when Madoka erased her own memories, she confessed to Homura that isolating herself from the others was something she never wanted to do. After this, powered by her mad obsession, Homura took it upon herself to rip off a piece of Ultimate Madoka, the piece that was her original human self, and restructure a new universe around her where everyone is artificially happy. However this scenario disrespects Madoka's original selfless intentions, and who knows what consequences Demon Homura's world has... Madoka wants to return things to the way they were, but Homura hates seeing Madoka sacrifice herself so much she says "I will make you happy. If you keep being so selfless, we might become enemies." The ending theme's lyrics seem to highlight Madoka's new role as a bird in a cage.

Personally I'm very hurt by this ending. I guess I've over-identified with Homura up till now. I've got a few things in common with her, and I was very touched by the amount of caring she showed in braving that tragic timeloop. But now we can see she was also motivated by an unhealthy psychological dependence on Madoka. And in fact, this shocking decision is quite in her character. Since it looks very much like there will be more to this story, I'm really hoping there's still hope for her.

Wow, thanks.  One of the better explanations I've read.  Although many details still elude me, that general idea makes sense.  Really want to see it again :3
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-12-13, 09:53:08 »

Wow, thanks.  One of the better explanations I've read.  Although many details still elude me, that general idea makes sense.  Really want to see it again :3

I actually am seeing it again on wednesday. :x I'm such a sap for this series. XD

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »