Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-06-19, 02:43:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Momoist Lounge
| | |-+  Nightmare D:
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nightmare D:  (Read 2209 times)
Nekorin

View Profile
« on: 2013-07-25, 10:45:50 »

I just woke up in the middle of the night, I dreamed I had to fight clown-themed gang members on my way to see Halko!

But I did get to see her. :)

There's more detail than that but its personal. Anyway, second time she's been in a dream! Tonight I think it was because I had the thought that someday she would retire, and that got me feeling somewhat existential. It also made me feel I should put away money in case I have to flee to Japan at short notice for a farewell concert. X-X but that won't happen for a long time, right?

It's a strange night... I hope I don't get anyone down with my 3 AM reassurance-seeking that I might regret at noon tomorrow. XD

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-25, 22:02:12 »

Sounds more like you had to wade through an ICP event and fight off Juggalos.  ;D

I'm not sure she'd just up and "retire". She's probably going to keep writing songs at the very least. Show you guts cool say what saikou daze!
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-26, 05:02:29 »

Sounds more like you had to wade through an ICP event and fight off Juggalos.  ;D

I'm not sure she'd just up and "retire". She's probably going to keep writing songs at the very least. Show you guts cool say what saikou daze!

Or the Jokerz. :)

It was on the way to her concert, not at it. XD I dreamed I was trying to get to her concert through an apocalyptic version of Hollywood. I typically don't find clowns creepy so I wonder why I had this dream...

I hope that she'll keep performing a long time. If she becomes an enka singer and performs as an old lady I'd keep seeing her when I could. :)

8BB76E1
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-26, 19:07:07 »

If she becomes an enka singer and performs as an old lady..
She doesn't have to wait to get old. It would be nice to hear her sing some other genres. ^^ Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for her being otaku. She really is a great singer and in some songs is apparent the real power of her voice, which she unfortunately doesn't use. She probably likes it this way, so it's ok. I just think she could do much more and be much more successful, if she was normal.
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-27, 08:08:33 »

If she becomes an enka singer and performs as an old lady..
She doesn't have to wait to get old. It would be nice to hear her sing some other genres. ^^ Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for her being otaku. She really is a great singer and in some songs is apparent the real power of her voice, which she unfortunately doesn't use. She probably likes it this way, so it's ok. I just think she could do much more and be much more successful, if she was normal.

But what would "normal" sound like? Doesn't sound terribly interesting.

She's already dabbled in rock, trance, and punk (although that last one was an odd project...) she has many songs that sound perfectly serious and I don't know what would prevent them from becoming mainstream. I don't know what the lyrical content of most of the songs, but what is it about Ichigo Ichie, Kotae, Let Me Love You, Reimei ni Raimei and Shouwa that won't let them catch on?

I certainly support her continuing to mix up the genres, but she already has a decent start in that regard and I don't know that it helps her become more mainstream. I do wish she could become attached to a really popular anime project though... So people I talk to would be more likely to have some reference when I talk about her.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »