Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-09-24, 15:23:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Halko Library
| | |-+  How do you think Angya compares to Previous Albums?
Poll
Question: How does Angya Compare to Previous Albums?
It's the best yet!
I like it but I think it's weaker
I don't really like it
I like everything she does and can't rank them

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do you think Angya compares to Previous Albums?  (Read 2453 times)
Nekorin

View Profile
« on: 2012-12-31, 04:41:05 »

I was wondering if I could start conversations about her music. It might make the forum more active than open close news sharing...

For some reason I think my favorite song on Angya is Colorful Aquarium. "You are my idol!" It's haunting.

8BB76E1
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-31, 12:07:18 »

yeah.. Colorful Aquarium is one of the best songs on the album imo.. though it's somehow sad..

the only problem is that I still need to get that Da Capo III character song collection.. I heard the previews somewhere and it's really interesting to listen to those songs with different lyrics and arrangements.. namely the Colorful Aquarium (or Touchy/Feely on Da Capo album) seems more optimistic to me.. ^_^

Angya is pretty good album, but I can't really decide which of her albums is the best..
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-02, 09:06:56 »

Angya is a pretty good album to me. I wouldn't say it's the best or anything, but i like it quite a bit.

I usually don't write any in-depth reviews of Momoi's albums cause I'm afraid people will listen to me a little TOO much and it'll effect their opinion before they even listen. Plus my own opinions change over time! So I don't want to write something and then regret it later.

In her past few albums, Momoi has quite a few sad songs, which while they are good, I usually look to Momoi for inspiration and guidance so they aren't the kind of songs I listen to a bunch of times. I hope writing those songs helps her sort out her feelings though. But anyway, Angya is positive and uplifting to me, which I like ;D I think over time I'll grow to like it more and more (as always).

Sunday early morning is probably my favorite of Momoi's solo albums. But it's hard to make a total ranking list! I'm not as much of a stickler for audio quality as some people on here, but even I have to knock Ivy down a notch or two for the poor mastering quality. SWEET☆CANDY is an AWESOME song, yet the sound quality irks me every time I listen to it from Ivy.
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-03, 08:55:41 »

yeah.. Colorful Aquarium is one of the best songs on the album imo.. though it's somehow sad..

It is... that haunting quality I talked about... The image of watching a celebrity through glass... I can certainly imagine it. It takes me back to her earlier song, Saisho to Saigo no Magic... (I wish I understood the lyrics for that one. Was it also in a game?)

Angya is a pretty good album to me. I wouldn't say it's the best or anything, but i like it quite a bit.

I usually don't write any in-depth reviews of Momoi's albums cause I'm afraid people will listen to me a little TOO much and it'll effect their opinion before they even listen. Plus my own opinions change over time! So I don't want to write something and then regret it later.

In her past few albums, Momoi has quite a few sad songs, which while they are good, I usually look to Momoi for inspiration and guidance so they aren't the kind of songs I listen to a bunch of times. I hope writing those songs helps her sort out her feelings though. But anyway, Angya is positive and uplifting to me, which I like ;D I think over time I'll grow to like it more and more (as always).

Sunday early morning is probably my favorite of Momoi's solo albums. But it's hard to make a total ranking list! I'm not as much of a stickler for audio quality as some people on here, but even I have to knock Ivy down a notch or two for the poor mastering quality. SWEET☆CANDY is an AWESOME song, yet the sound quality irks me every time I listen to it from Ivy.

Personally, I think her best is "Momo-i Quality Best of Best!" Because it's well mastered, and almost every song is very memorable. (even though my favorite individual songs are mostly on different CDs, LOL)  Currently I'm feeling like Shouwa is the best single song. Her vocals are really on top, and the quality is just as good. Angya is a good CD, but I felt a bit disappointed that it didn't have the same 3-dimensional sound, or anything that I felt beat Shouwa... I wonder why the production values don't seem as high? But like you, I don't want to be overly harsh because I'm always rediscovering old songs in a new way when they come on shuffle, including many of hers.

8BB76E1
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-03, 09:13:02 »

Was it also in a game?
yup, that one is opening for Prism Box (ぷりずむ・ぼっくす) ^_^
momoken

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-02-25, 16:55:04 »

I felt songs are not soulful and dull on first impression,that made me sleepy.But,my thoughts was drastically changed after listened through 3 times.It's not same as her younger days ones,Angya is very skilfully created with her original Moe.

Did you heard Sumire Kamisaka's songs which written by momo-i?
「げんし、女子は、たいようだった。」and 「テトリアシトリ」
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJUzndPK6c
It was made in the same way,I think momo-i entered new era as songwriter.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »