Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-12-12, 23:16:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Event Stage
| | |-+  Momoi @ Ronin Music Festival Jan 23 2013 New Zealand
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Momoi @ Ronin Music Festival Jan 23 2013 New Zealand  (Read 4111 times)
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« on: 2012-10-22, 16:27:29 »

http://roninfestival.co.nz/the-lineup/

Who's going? Manzo and Ohmi Tomoe are going, too.

(It'd be pretty impossible for me to go)
8BB76E1
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-22, 17:40:33 »

oh.. well, with plane tickets starting around 1200 eur.. no..

it makes me happy to see this, because now i'm worried a little bit less about her.. ^^

but i'd like to see her again too.. it's been a year already since Düsseldorf.. ;_;
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-22, 20:39:20 »

Yeah, it's about $2000 or so, plus it might take 16+ hours for me to fly there. I think if I found a pile of money on the ground (or a pot of gold), I'd be inclined to fly to Japan instead. :P
8BB76E1
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-22, 20:58:27 »

Yeah, it's about $2000 or so, plus it might take 16+ hours for me to fly there.
hmm.. from here it's at least 30 hours.. (long waiting at transfers..)
I think if I found a pile of money on the ground (or a pot of gold), I'd be inclined to fly to Japan instead. :P
I'm actually going there in April, that's why I'm a bit tight with money.. ^^;;
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-22, 22:05:22 »

Yeah, it's about $2000 or so, plus it might take 16+ hours for me to fly there.
hmm.. from here it's at least 30 hours.. (long waiting at transfers..)

Well, 16 hours or so is a one stop flight. There are a couple of 30 hour options, too. :P

There are actually some non-stop options to Auckland from LAX (12-13 hour flights), but it's kind of a moot point. :P
akatora
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2012-11-02, 23:30:30 »

Why New Zealand?  :'(
I would travel anywhere in Europe, but overseas is just absolutely not affordable for me ... looks like this year will end without a Momoi concert for me. >_<
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-11-03, 00:19:39 »

Is she expected to return to famine or any other California-based con next year?

I wonder if she'd sing Shouwa live.

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-11-05, 08:10:18 »

I would travel anywhere in Europe, but overseas is just absolutely not affordable for me ... looks like this year will end without a Momoi concert for me. >_<

I think if someone wants to invite her, she'll go. That's kind of what she's mentioned in the past. So, someone in New Zealand invited her, obviously. ;D

Is she expected to return to famine or any other California-based con next year?

I wonder if she'd sing Shouwa live.

I was hoping for Shouwa in Anime Boston, but it didn't happen. We even put it in the Call Book, but I'm guessing she might have a set list in mind before she gets to the convention. Plus, her concert was the first night, so it's not like it would have been easy to get her the Call Book before the concert. Though if I carried the Call Books everywhere I went, it could have been passed to her before.  :-[

As for California-based cons, I don't know. While I don't have any particular inside information in Fanime, I don't think she's going to get invited back any time soon. But that's pure speculation on my part; I'm just basing it off intuition and past guest invites (having her at 3 Fanimes in a row is a bit unusual for people not named Yamaga  ;D ). I don't think a repeat at AX would be a great idea...so hope Japan Expo USA 2013 invites her (August 23-25, Santa Clara Convention Center)? Kind of too late for PMX (this week).
akatora
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2012-11-05, 16:43:34 »

I think if someone wants to invite her, she'll go. That's kind of what she's mentioned in the past. So, someone in New Zealand invited her, obviously. ;D
Well, I think I have to make suggestions to the people organizing the larger conventions in Germany then ... :D
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-12-04, 02:35:51 »

Looks like the organizers of the event are postponing it until later in 2013.

"RONIN POSTPONEMENT

Due to some scheduling conflicts that have arisen, we have made the decision to postpone the RONIN Festival until later in 2013.
This will give us more time to source K-Pop bands that fans have been requesting as well as working in better with student timetables, performers availability and more.
Our aim is to make this an event to remember and we want to make sure that it POPS from the get go.

Stay tuned for more!"

The cynic in me says maybe ticket sales weren't going as well as they'd hoped?

So, y'all have some more time to save up those pennies/yen/korunas/etc .  ;D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »