Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-09-24, 15:23:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Momoist Lounge
| | |-+  Momoi's absence from twitter
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Momoi's absence from twitter  (Read 5524 times)
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« on: 2012-08-30, 12:22:39 »

I usually don't post about drama / rumors, but some of you are probably confused / unaware about this, so I thought I'd bring up what's going on so nothing gets blown out of proportion. Trying to keep it factual, but I've been quite busy lately so please let me know if I'm misleading or missing some info along the way.

桃井はるこ momoi halko ‏@momoiktkr 27 Aug
いろいろ思うところがありまして、桃井はるこ、しばらくTwitterへの書き込みをオヤスミしたいと思います。わたしはいつも通り元気です(^^)それでは、しばし旅に出てきますね。いってきまーす(^o^)ノ

On Aug 27, Momoi posted she is doing well, but taking a break from twitter, and taking a little trip. This was kinda unexpected considering she is usually pretty active on twitter.

Some people think this is due to some rude tweets she got from Kikuchi Hajime, part of the group Eufonius.

You can see a summary of the tweets here.

Basically, Momoi said she already achieved her dream of having songs she wrote be in karaoke and enjoyed and sung by other people. Now she doesn't know what to say when asked her aspirations since it's not the time for that anymore. She wants to do what she can to make people happy.

Hajime just replies 「しょうもない」 which means "useless" or "good for nothing".

Momoi replies to him, "It's kind of unfortunate you feel that way. I'm being serious as I always am."

He replied to her, "I'm being serious too."

Then a few days later, he posted an apology on twitter and his website.
http://www.eufonius.net/?p=875
He apologies a lot and says he won't do it again, but doesn't offer any kind of reasoning behind what he said.

Momoi made plenty of normal tweets in between this and her decision to take a break from twitter, but a lot of people still think this is the cause of it.

https://twitter.com/hanorehi
http://puu.sh/10jwy
Momoi's long time friend Hanorehi tweets that she doesn't think Momoi's leaving is related to this.
She also wrote a blog entry with a photo of her and Momoi. I'm kinda confused about some of the terms she used, but anyway I guess they watched movies and ate meat mostly... and are preparing for... something??
http://ameblo.jp/hanorehi/entry-11341384278.html

Anyway! After Anisama Momoi said her new goal is to perform at Anisama again.
Daily Momoi Times has a write up on the past and future of Anisama and how it relates to Momoi performing there again.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/momo-itimes/

Momoi also wrote to the M.M.M. members about it a little. I know m.m.m. mails are private, but I thought it's important to summarize a little for those of you who can't read it at all. She said she was being less introspective from always having her cell phone around and looking at twitter, so she wanted to take a few days vacation and then focus on creating a bit for a while, but she will probably write on twitter again once she gets going.

It's unfortunate for Momoi to stop twitter right now, when her album and live is coming up. I am very curious what she is up to in the time being.

Anyway, even if they reasons are fuzzy right now, obviously it couldn't hurt to send some supportive tweets Momoi's way. I wouldn't recommend mentioning any specific issues or names, just good, kind words to Momoi ;D And no need to be a hater towards anyone either. Kikuchi already got a lot of flack for this, I think it is better to support Momoi without bringing others down. (Of course you can say your opinions freely. I just mean it's better in my opinion not to tweet bomb someone with rude stuff, that kind of thing. But discussion here is fine of course.)
8BB76E1
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-30, 14:18:32 »

well.. what happened makes me sad, but we can't do anything about it.. and that Hanorehi's post doesn't seem that much confusing to me, but I don't even want to think about it.. >_< (though it wouldn't be much of a surprise, considering what year is now..)

also, next MokoMoko is scheduled on 6. September.. we might learn something new then, if it won't get canceled..
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-31, 08:47:25 »

Can she read tweets in English? I don't have twitter, but this might be the thing that makes me change my mind.

(I can write some Japanese, but it's "zettai dame" XD )

Reminds me, need to reinstall Japanese characters...

8BB76E1
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-31, 08:59:34 »

Can she read tweets in English? I don't have twitter, but this might be the thing that makes me change my mind.
She always says her English is bad, but I think simple English is ok..

But then again, we don't know what really happened, even though there might be some clues..

I'm really curious about next live broadcast..
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-31, 09:19:21 »

I'll try to stay alert!

mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-10, 09:17:25 »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-08/composer-hajime-kikuchi-steps-away-from-band-eufonius
http://breadmasterlee.com/2012/08/30/terashima-takuma-in-ijime-connect/
http://www.otafez.com/2012/08/28/kikuchi-hajime-of-eufonius-commented-that-momoi-harukos-tweet-about-her-dream-is-stupid/
Other people translate stuff so I don't have to, yay ;D
I think most people have heard about the Kokoro Connect stuff already. I do feel bad for the fans of eufonius who were looking forward to their live.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-10, 09:20:13 by mandi » Logged
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-11, 12:15:09 »

Is that stuff about electric shocks true?! I'm worried about Momoi... But I'm also really worried about this Ichiki person. It sounds like something out of a debauched drama with exaggeratedly mean antagonists...

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-11, 23:54:33 »

I guess not everyone is familiar with what happened; this incident was dubbed "Iijime Connect" (Ijime means bullying).

Basically, there was this fake audition set up and Ichiki was told he was selected to be an anime only character for this show (Kokoro Connect is originally a light novel series). It was going to be a substantial role (he's mostly had minor roles and IIRC, he was contemplating leaving the voice acting business). He cancelled plans to go to EVO (video fighting game tournament; probably the most important one; he's apparently a decent player) and some other things. Turns out, it was a prank and there was no role for him. This was announced at a live streamed event (but he was completely unaware at the event). Instead of announcing that he got this anime-only part, they showed clips of his audition (making fun of him) and then announced that he was going to be "chief of publicity"; probably pays less and definitely much lower profile.

There were a number of things during this promotional job (a lot of it was streamed on Ustream).

The shocking parts weren't really *that* bad; they were using a medical device usually used for muscular therapy. It was a punishment game for failing to succeed at a promotional task (I think this was the "get 20,000 followers for the official Kokoro Connect Twitter" or something). This was streamed, so video of it exists. Taken by itself, it's nothing unusual for Japanese media for something like that (have you seen Japanese games shows?  ;D ), but given everything that happened to him along the way, it's really just bullying. Not a good thing to be associated with, especially recently in Japan.

There's a lot of other things that are connected with and surrounding this particular incident, but it's kind of hard to sum it all up, since there's so much that happened (including asshole Americans possibly bullying Kitamura Eri off Twitter. Or at least convincing her staff to suspend posting to Twitter).
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-09-12, 09:12:08 »

I've never seen a Japanese game show, and I think I get the idea, but it's still very cruel to treat a coworker that way. I bet he's a very sensitive person, too... I want to show him support.

paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2012-09-12, 19:07:44 »

Btw for what it's worth, this guy has only done minor roles but he did play the MC in Magikano which is like my favorite comedy anime EVER. It actually rewatched only last year and it still holds up to this day. That fact permanently makes him cool.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »