Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-12-12, 23:16:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Visual Culture Room
| | |-+  Bemani! (rhythm games)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Bemani! (rhythm games)  (Read 9578 times)
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« on: 2009-05-01, 01:16:42 »

So, I'm a big fan of them particularly Beatmania and Pop'n Music. Not so big on Guitar Freaks or Drum Mania, but the music is good. I don't like Guitar Hero or Rockband, although those are better party games I guess.

WONDER Momo-i was on Taiko no Tatsujin but I can't recall which style!! I am really really interested to hear and play it <:3 I'm not a very good taiko master though. I don't think there are any other Halko songs in rhythm games, but there deffinately should be. Pop'n Music features many anime and idol songs so it's always very enjoyable.

みず きらい あなた すき

I forget to think before I act...
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-01, 06:13:55 »

I happen to be a fan of Rock Band...or maybe that should be of Harmonix.

I supposed it's more aimed at those who like English based (US/UK primarily) rock music, though. Really, it's more about the music than the actual gaming technique that draws you and keeps you coming back. ;D

One of my Rock Band characters I made is a girl sporting the closest thing to twin tails and a zettai ryouiki outfit as I could make her, though.  8) :-[
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-02, 00:21:27 »

I am actually equally a fan of the music and gameplay and the main reason I dislike guitarhero is that it takes next to no skill to play xD within a couple songs of playing I was on expert mode. games like Beatmania are seriously tough, so if you're good at it then you can adapt to any music game relatively well. Except Space Channel 5!! That game is crazy and I love it so much!! I hope that there really is gonna be a version for the Wii.

But yeah, I've been playing bemani games for 2 years now and I'm only an intermediate level player. But I am getting better and it makes me happy cuz I really enjoy them ^__^

I havn't played it yet but I reeeally~ wanna play Idol M@ster o3o

みず きらい あなた すき

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-02, 03:50:26 »

* tenton cues up a Rush song and puts Petite on drums.

Well, actually, I haven't played GH extensively since GH2, so I'm not sure which GH you played might have played. Rock Band feels better as a game, rhythmically speaking; I didn't like GH3 or GHWT, from a game play aspect. Not even a skill level aspect, just the feel of it. Maybe you're good at the kind of rhythm skills GH presents. :P

(I also had to unlearn my guitar skills for the games, it's a slight hindrance.  ;D )
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-02, 03:56:51 »

I have heard about that! Thats so silly and backwards! I wouldn't feel too bad though, I would much prefer to actually play an instrument.

I played alot of 2, but then I moved away from home before the next ones came out. My stepdad was the one who played GH :P I havn't played alot of Rockband except people put me on vocals alot. Its fun to make up lyrics.

みず きらい あなた すき

B-DASH

君は君のままで大丈夫だよ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-04, 17:17:51 »

: D I like GH series because of the music, though I'm very bad at it. Space Channel 5 is great, I love both of them.. xD mostly because of Ulala and her crazy costumes.

I would much prefer to actually play an instrument.

True!

I like old rythm games like Samba de Amigo (dreamcast), and Mini-Moni Syakatto Tambourine! Da-Pyon (PlayStation).

I've never played Idolm@ster series because I don't have an XBOX360 or Nintendo DS, however I'm in love of their music, characters and concerts. A similar game with maids has been released recently, called "Dream C Club" ^^

PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-05, 01:43:21 »

Space Channel 5 is great in so many ways! Did you know that Space Micheal was actually voiced by Micheal Jackson?! Kyahaha. I wanna cosplay as Ulala but I gotta find some platform shoes that are funky enough :P

Oooh my gosh I wanna play the Mini-Moni game <:3

I didn't know that there was a version of IdolM@ster out for the NDS 0.0 I don't have a 360, but what I love about the 360 is that it's not region protected. Otherwise I like the Playstation better o3o

And a Maid game?! I gotta look into this!!

みず きらい あなた すき

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-05-05, 01:46:41 »

I don't have a 360, but what I love about the 360 is that it's not region protected. Otherwise I like the Playstation better o3o

Ah, you have that backwards. The 360 is most definitely region protected; especially the IdolM@ster games. The PS3 is the one that is functionally region free (there is some protocol for region protection specifically for PS3 games, but to date, I haven't heard of a single case where it's being used and Sony said they're not planning on using it for games). PS1 and PS2 games (as well as DVDs and Blu-ray) are region protected, though.

(Since the US/Canada and Japan are both in Region A for Blu-ray, it's not that big a deal. :P ).
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009-05-05, 02:01:52 »

Hyuu?? I know that my friends told me that Idol M@ster wasn't region protected and I'm pretty sure that he owns the game..

I don't really know much about the PS3 since after the first gen they stopped being backwards compatible, but I've also heard that they will soon be backwards compatible again so I'll stop pouting at them after that. I really wanna play Disgaea Three. *3*

Even if I had a PS3 I'd still want a Japanese PS2 though...

みず きらい あなた すき

mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009-05-05, 17:13:52 »

Probably you are thinking of im@s on PSP, that one is region free :)

I have been tempted to get it for a while!

I think the only im@s game with rhythm game elements is Live For You though... don't think those parts were included in the PSP version.

Actually, the L4U gameplay is probably interesting to those on this board ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cH9J6XaLU
Go to about 3:45.
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009-05-05, 23:00:40 »

Neatooo! O___O

みず きらい あなた すき

B-DASH

君は君のままで大丈夫だよ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-06, 16:04:52 »

Mandichan is right, is for PSP not for NintendoDS xD sorry. But I think there's a problem with the firmware or something :S

Iyoko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-15, 18:55:00 »

I tried Rock Band, and failed entirely. I'm okay on guitar, but I refuse to do vocals (because they would suck XD), and I'm completely uncoordinated in the way of percussion. When the bass drum pedal is required, I can't work that into what else I'm (supposed to be) doing on the drum pads... orz.

I did Taiko Drum Master for a while, but then I think we lost the sticks that came with it, and I wasn't too big on the songs that came with it (Except Katamari on the Rocks =D)
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-05-15, 19:20:24 »

I tried Rock Band, and failed entirely. I'm okay on guitar, but I refuse to do vocals (because they would suck XD), and I'm completely uncoordinated in the way of percussion. When the bass drum pedal is required, I can't work that into what else I'm (supposed to be) doing on the drum pads... orz.

If you get thee to a Rock Band 2 machine, Bass is also a fully fledged instrument (that is, in the Tour modes; guitar = bass as well)

It can be hard to get the foot involved with drums. I can only do two things; something's going to suffer (usually this means my right foot mimics my right hand eventually). It's easier to get away with this on real drums (just don't hit the bass drum pedal so much), but for gaming purposes...bleh.
Spiritsnare

wah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009-05-18, 02:19:02 »

I grew up playing music games, playing them ever since DDR 1st released in the US in 1999, so they're basically all I can play with some sort of skill. Fighters are ✖, driving's okay, I was working on shmups for a while and then lost my skill in that because I reverted back to music gaming.

After a huge long development of trying out different games and maining them all in some point in time, today I main pop'n music (my YouTube account's full of videos of my rise in pop'n skill), with DrumMania on the side. I'd be playing DJ Max Technika, but our location test at Sunnyvale Golfland ended about four months ago and thus I can't really play it, because it's not there. :<
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »