Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-09-24, 10:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Lounge
| | |-+  iVDR-S? huh? seriously?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: iVDR-S? huh? seriously?  (Read 9179 times)
AndCycle
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« on: 2012-06-01, 19:11:57 »

http://www.safia-lb.com/

great, another really serious DRM system with no known weakness, and only use in Japan,
why I have to suffer from another DRM system for what I bought?
I thought that should be over for years and it just keeps coming back,
they just keep making me never own any content I bought.
8BB76E1
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-06, 10:45:30 »

well.. some kind of content protection is expected.. but I can't find any info about how the public keys are distributed and if there is also any regional restriction..

but I guess I'll find out eventually.. (I preordered the Showa iVDR.. ^_^;)
8BB76E1
« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-26, 05:27:35 »

just reminding there are only three days left till the end of preorders.. ^^
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2012-06-26, 14:56:04 »

I had read on twitter it sold out, but it looks like it's only the set with the player and you can still buy the individual iVDR....

But I don't really like the iVDR system either... Unless you can use regular hard drives instead of their "cassettes"? The price seems way to high for the blank ones they sell on the site. :( But I have wanted a recorder for a while, just don't have the time to research them... (Or the money to buy them ::) ) I guess I will have to make time to research it before time runs out!
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-06-26, 21:40:34 »

You can go ahead and stack iVDR next to D-VHS and PD. I can't imagine this format taking off anywhere (certainly not in the US where it's the hard disk based DVRs that people want).

I'm not sure one can use regular hard drives instead of cassettes; I thought I saw some accessory that lets you use the cassette as a data storage device; I can't imagine this accessory existing and allowing normal HDDs as a video recording device. Or else, who would buy the "cassettes"?

While I would like to see the Shouwa concert in HD, I think I'll just be waiting for it to show up on Blu-ray someday. If it never shows up, my loss, but I'll keep money in my pocket (who am I kidding? I'll spend it on something else ;D )
8BB76E1
« Reply #5 on: 2012-06-27, 05:16:57 »

hmm.. I didn't know it's sold out.. Good for Momoi.. ^_^ I was a bit afraid, mainly because I also don't expect iVDR to be successful.. Not in this form with mechanical HDDs.. (but for me, it was maybe one more reason to buy it) Maybe when SSD becomes cheap enough, some new generation of iVDR might have a chance..

And there's also this SAFIA protection, so I can't even make a backup.. >_<

As for some another release of this concert, they said it's supposed to be iVDR exclusive, no plans for releasing it on DVD or BD.. I don't understand this strategy much.. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it.. (including me, even if I preordered the iVDR.. ^_^;; ) But maybe it was just to increase sales of this release and they will "change mind" later.. ^^
« Last Edit: 2012-06-27, 14:03:07 by 8BB76E1 » Logged
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-06-27, 16:15:57 »

Yeah, of course they say it's an IVDR exclusive. Who would buy it otherwise?  :P

If IVDR just bombs out, we could see it on another format in a few years. I'm patient, I'll wait.  8)
AndCycle
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-07-16, 06:04:36 »

player set delayed to the end of this month  :-X
AndCycle
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-07-25, 14:46:11 »

just received
8BB76E1
« Reply #9 on: 2012-07-25, 23:14:59 »

just received
nice.. ^_^

it was pretty fast.. you ordered directly from IO Plaza, or RG guys sent it to you? ^_^ mine was shipped from Japan today / yesterday.. I wonder how long it will stay at customs..
AndCycle
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-07-31, 15:55:18 »

well the iVDR-S's protection is really ridiculous,

I bought a IODATA RHDM-US/EX for playback on PC, and found it sucks,

play iVDR-S content require HDCP->
all monitor have to support HDCP->
Laptop's internal monitor doesn't have HDCP=iVDR-S refuse to play=all Laptop can not play iVDR-S

victim of copyright protection
AndCycle
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-07-31, 16:04:49 »

by the way, the harddrive expose the entire file system if it's not hook up with iVDR server,
that means you can accidentally delete your precious video file,
well, what a media
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-08-03, 23:14:12 »

Are you telling me there was no protocol set to write protect the files or even to have a partition that's not writable on a non-blank release? Seriously?

HDCP requirement sounds about right, though. Blu-ray players are this way too (and so is my cable box and DVR).

I'm pretty sure my laptops have HDCP from the graphics to the LCD panel. It's a requirement for Blu-ray playback.
AndCycle
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-08-04, 10:13:30 »

yea, it just works like an usual 2.5" portable HardDrive format with UDF, single partition, no protection at all,

about the HDCP requirement?
well usually the laptop's internal monitor is using LVDS to connect which definitely has no HDCP that require explicit handle by Graphic Card,
which means the Video Driver has to do the job,
I don't think my X201s is so outdated and I can search numerous post talking about Intel HD graphic has HDCP issue, so hopeless,

anyway I am dumping directly from HDMI that I think can be done on next week, screw DRM.
8BB76E1
« Reply #14 on: 2013-10-14, 16:44:18 »

I'm curious how high this ends up.. ^^ http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m113307110
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »