Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-02-23, 20:41:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Event Stage
| | |-+  Momoi @ AnimeBoston2012 April 6-8
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Momoi @ AnimeBoston2012 April 6-8  (Read 14851 times)
alexd00

小麦っこ #01019

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-03-09, 15:27:40 »

Looks like we'll at least have a small crowd that will do Calls. That's enough to spark the crowd, though maybe I'll feel bad for Itou Kanako, as I cannot be that loud and energetic for her (simply because I don't know what to do for her songs. :P )

Ha ha, I ordered her 'Best of' CD so I could familiarize myself with some of her stuff & at least do the basics (and also so I could get it signed). The real question for me is going to be how the concerts are laid out. If they end up being back-to-back, then I hope Itou's first, because I'm not gonna have any energy left after Momoi's set.

Plane ticket and hotel reservation purchased. Will be arriving 4/5 and leaving early 4/9. Considering asking Boston if they can fit in a call workshop...

Yeah, I was thinking about this. Let me know if you get approved, I can help out if you want.

えがおでなんでもできる
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-03-09, 21:14:29 »

Looks like we'll at least have a small crowd that will do Calls. That's enough to spark the crowd, though maybe I'll feel bad for Itou Kanako, as I cannot be that loud and energetic for her (simply because I don't know what to do for her songs. :P )

Ha ha, I ordered her 'Best of' CD so I could familiarize myself with some of her stuff & at least do the basics (and also so I could get it signed). The real question for me is going to be how the concerts are laid out. If they end up being back-to-back, then I hope Itou's first, because I'm not gonna have any energy left after Momoi's set.

Back to back with Momoi first would be very bad, because of what I've heard about the AB crowds. That is, not really a thriving, excited crowd (maybe a couple of rows). So, it'd be ~10 of us or so, plus some extras and some people who are feeling it REALLY cheering and jumping with glowsticks for Momoi and then...not so much for Itou Kanako. I'd feel really bad for her.
ssg
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2012-03-12, 01:44:15 »

Hello! I am really looking forward to Anime Boston, and this will be my first chance to see her! I feel like my request in the forums I made last August really paid off, I nearly passed out when I saw the announcement.

I'm also looking forward to get an opportunity to meet anyone here. I might not be so good with the calls or anything, and perhaps I'd rather not go too crazy in that regard given this is my first time getting a chance to see her perform, but my enthusiasm will be at max that weekend!

A fledgling Momoist!
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-03-12, 16:37:09 »

Hello! I am really looking forward to Anime Boston, and this will be my first chance to see her! I feel like my request in the forums I made last August really paid off, I nearly passed out when I saw the announcement.

I'm also looking forward to get an opportunity to meet anyone here. I might not be so good with the calls or anything, and perhaps I'd rather not go too crazy in that regard given this is my first time getting a chance to see her perform, but my enthusiasm will be at max that weekend!

Don't get too caught up in being good; for her, it's all about having fun and cheering her along. Just stand up and clap and do what you feel comfortable doing. I will tell you (from personal experience) it's more fun if you have a glowstick in hand, just because those other silly people with them in hand look like they're having a ton of fun, but it's not any kind of requirement (no one would think any different of you, if you're not comfortable doing certain things). It's hard to describe her concerts, if you've never been to one in person. Sure, there's plenty of Youtube videos of her performing live, but there's not really a comparison to being there in person.  ;D

So, welcome to the board and hope to see you there at AB.
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2012-03-13, 16:26:09 »

Yeah just clapping and cheering is good enough. With that said, if you are planning to do the actual calls though, it's a good to learn them beforehand from youtube videos for one main reason - following the crowd is good, but if you never did any calls of any kind before, trying to copy in real time WILL distract you, and you could wind up watching the guy in front of you more than the singer on stage
ssg
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2012-03-13, 16:45:48 »

I'd like to learn the calls, but I think I'm just gonna clap and cheer as much as I can. I want to focus all my power on watching and cheering Momoi without worry for this first experience. If she comes to the East Coast again I'd gladly learn the calls fully though!

A fledgling Momoist!
Iyoko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-03-14, 00:12:28 »

Ah, haven't been around lately, but going cross-country to AB is a little out of my price range...

I'm excited for the east coast though; everyone over there definitely deserves a chance to see her!!!
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012-03-29, 21:29:06 »

So, it's almost a week away. I've been injured lately, but I think I'll mostly be okay by the time Anime Boston rolls around. I will be out of shape, since I couldn't get much training in. So...well, I'll do what I can.  ;D

I'm going to make a few predictions:

Wears sailor fuku, probably at the concert. 90% chance
Ai no Medicine (probably anisama version) 99% chance
Love.exe 99% chance
Romantic Summer 97% chance
Wonder Momo-i (probably World Tour version) 95% chance
Something from Shouwa 75% chance . Probably going to be either Shouwa or Matsuri da
If she's aware that PAX East (Penny Arcade Expo; large video gaming related convention) is happening nearby at the same time, then Gura Gura 65%
Ichigo! Go! Go!, normally 1% chance, but because Paranda can't be at AB, it'll be 10%

Amount of the auditorium filled 90%
Amount of the audience sitting during the concert 85% ->PROVE ME WRONG, BOSTON. PROVE ME WRONG. :'(
Amount of the audience with glowsticks 5%
Translator for the concert MC parts 35%
ssg
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2012-03-30, 15:20:21 »

I bought a couple packs of regular 6" glowsticks...I hope these can help pepper the audience!

A fledgling Momoist!
catsspat
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2012-03-30, 15:59:34 »

Ichigo! Go! Go!, normally 1% chance, but because Paranda can't be at AB, it'll be 10%

You're so evil! ;D
酷いこと言うなww
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2012-03-30, 18:17:49 »

You're so evil! ;D
酷いこと言うなww

He'd be the first to tell you the percentages shoot way up for this.
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2012-03-31, 22:16:34 »

You're so evil! ;D
酷いこと言うなww

He'd be the first to tell you the percentages shoot way up for this.

I was gonna complain about how unfeasible it was to fly from India to AB and back just for one weekend, but then I realized people from Japan are already doing that exact same thing. Truly, I am not hardcore enough. I bow to the masters
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-04-01, 00:07:41 »

Schedule is up. Stuff of relevance:

Friday (金) 4/6:
*10:30-11:30 Opening Ceremonies - Hynes: Auditorium
20:00-21:00 Concert (after Itou Kanako's concert) - Hynes: Auditorium

Saturday (土) 4/7:
14:00-15:00 Autograph Session - Sheraton: Autograph Beacon H
16:15-17:15 Panel - Hynes: Panel 302/304

Sunday (日) 4/8:
11:30-12:30 Autograph Session - Sheraton: Autograph Beacon H
*15:00-16:00 Closing Ceremonies - Hynes: Auditorium

*No guarantees she'll be at the opening or closing ceremonies. I'd bet she's there at the opening, who knows about the closing.

Note: Itou Kanako concert is right before Momoi's and the room won't be cleared. Seating starts at 18:15, the previous event in there ends at 17:00 . I will check to see if we're allowed in before the official seating and how long we can wait for the concerts, but I might not get a good answer. We're going to have some time, though. ^_^

Note 2: There's a lolita fashion style panel that ends at 15:30, 45 minutes before Momoi's panel starts. I've been told if there isn't a "ROOM CLEAR" on the schedule, they DO NOT clear the room, so we can stake out the panel before hand. Right after Momoi's panel is Itou Kanako's panel (at 17:30, which is a bit shorter break than the 30 minutes they were shooting for between panels)

Note 3: They are enforcing no autograph lines until 30 minutes before the autograph session time. I don't believe this rule is in effect for anything else.
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-04-02, 07:59:12 »

I bought a couple packs of regular 6" glowsticks...I hope these can help pepper the audience!

Now, this is just my opinion and me thinking outloud, so don't take it as any more than that. This actually goes for anyone bringing extra glowsticks for the crowd.

If Right Gauge is selling the official penlights before the concert, or inside before the concert starts, in my mind, it's a bit of a sticky situation, so I wouldn't give out glowsticks until after the concert starts up. In the past, they didn't bring the penlights, but the last several US/Canada events, I've seen them for sale. It's kind of cool that they bring them for sale; it's not something one would have expected a few years ago. Besides, you probably want to give them away to those that seem like they are hyped and ready to go, and you may not know who those people are until things start rocking.  8)

My other thought is the glowsticks should be given out during Itou Kanako's concert or before and not after, because that would be kind of sad. :'( She's going first and deserves cheering, too.
coverman
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012-04-02, 13:41:08 »

Moi! now, I have to prepare for the trip. :)

I arrive 4 Apr 2012 18:32(UA822) and go to Hotel(Hostel??)
40 Berkeley Street, Back Bay, MA 02116 Boston.

How to contact us at day5? I will be free that day. :-X

Momoi will arrived in Boston faster than me.
So I think we should be sightseeing at day6.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »