Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-12-18, 12:06:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Listening Room
| | |-+  Shouwa and Matsurida Boy Meets Girl Meanings?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shouwa and Matsurida Boy Meets Girl Meanings?  (Read 3337 times)
Nekorin

View Profile
« on: 2012-02-15, 09:01:15 »

Can anyone tell me what these songs are about? (Translation is best but even a general summary would be nice) I can understand fragments and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what they're about. Or even if someone has the digital text, I could try to translate it with electronic aid. Thanks.

(Me always asking for stuff... I need to give back to the community but don't know how...  :-X )

mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-16, 17:10:10 »

Shouwa is about nostalgic stuff from the Shouwa time period in Japan. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8Dwa_period)

Matsurida Boy Meets Girl is a "festival" themed love song. "Festival" probably can also refer to comiket or other events too ;)
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-17, 11:46:55 »

That's a surprise to me, I thought it would be the "cheer" meaning I looked up. I should go learn more about this. Thank you for explaining. (Now I wonder what she was saying about a bicycle...)

In Matsurida, the part where she switches the title around in the chorus is of particular interest to me.

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-17, 20:54:02 »

That's a surprise to me, I thought it would be the "cheer" meaning I looked up. I should go learn more about this. Thank you for explaining. (Now I wonder what she was saying about a bicycle...)

If you notice, most of the music in the album seems to be a throwback to the 80s (and even the 70s); it is the theme of the album. It's probably harder to see with just the cover, but the pictures also fit in with that theme. There's a picture of her holding a Speak & Spell (you can see that in the Anime Boston promo pic).
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-02-20, 11:13:19 »

Mm, I wish the itunes release came with a digital booklet.  :(

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-02-27, 00:58:39 »

By the way, catsspat has put up some translations that he's done for some songs.

Edit: now with the actual URL linked.  :-[
« Last Edit: 2012-02-27, 17:15:08 by tenton » Logged
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-03-31, 20:39:22 »

Omg, those are amazing!  So I really was hearing "couch potato" in Shouwa! And she sings about guys dancing, I love that.  :D

Thank you very much catspat!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »