Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-06-25, 08:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Event Stage
| | |-+  Momoi @ Expo Comic Poder Joven/Mexico City : August 1st
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Momoi @ Expo Comic Poder Joven/Mexico City : August 1st  (Read 36753 times)
cat_clan
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« on: 2009-04-28, 18:07:47 »

It hasn't been announced in a formal way, but it seems Momoi is going to give a concert at the Expo Comic Poder Joven on August 1st (saturday) on the afternoon, this event is going to be held in Mexico City. If anyone wants more information or would like to participate, I'm more than happy to offer my help. I live in Guadalajara, Mexico; but I'm getting in touch with the staff in order to look have a great time at it.

I'm really happy I haven't asked for my vacation period yet.  :)

Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-30, 00:02:36 »

Might be good to keep it down because of what's going on, until there's an official announcement. Who knows if they'll get paranoid about buta-chan...

paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-30, 03:52:16 »

Basically the worst possible timing. This thing could get nipped in the bud after all. Actually even Fanime is at risk given confirmed cases in San Jose if Japan decides to issue a travel restriction - and they might do so quite zealously since they're entering Golden Week.
cat_clan
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-30, 18:53:35 »

I'll leave it as it is for now, but I agree that the timing is the wort possible. I also agree that there's a big risk that it can be canceled after what is happening. I'll post any news I have on the manner.

Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-01, 03:50:56 »

Thanks cat clan. Keep us updated :)
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-01, 07:05:07 »

I was just preparing to buy tickets, how long in advance will we know if something like that happens?

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-01, 22:59:04 »

I was just preparing to buy tickets, how long in advance will we know if something like that happens?

It's hard to say. I don't think Fanime is in danger, but that's just my opinion. She's mentioned Fanime officially a few times; unless Japan puts some sort of strong travel advisory or issues some sort of travel ban, I think she's coming.
PantsGoblin
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-05-01, 23:38:58 »

I don't think Fanime is in danger, but that's just my opinion. She's mentioned Fanime officially a few times; unless Japan puts some sort of strong travel advisory or issues some sort of travel ban, I think she's coming.

Hmm, not a good sign. Well aren't we glad she's not with Pony Canyon. Much more of a concern is if Avex decides to restrict her from traveling. Just hope Avex doesn't do the same thing...
« Last Edit: 2009-05-01, 23:46:53 by PantsGoblin » Logged
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-05-02, 00:01:58 »

I don't think Fanime is in danger, but that's just my opinion. She's mentioned Fanime officially a few times; unless Japan puts some sort of strong travel advisory or issues some sort of travel ban, I think she's coming.

Hmm, not a good sign. Well aren't we glad she's not with Pony Canyon. Much more of a concern is if Avex decides to restrict her from traveling. Just hope Avex doesn't do the same thing...

I wonder though...how much is she still associated with Avex? Are the ties even that strong? If Avex goes "all artists don't go" can she still go "neener neener neener, I don't have to listen to you"? ;D

Actually what worries me more about that is a lack of geography skills; Dallas isn't anywhere near Houston (where that baby from Mexico died), but it does happen to be ~ the same distance LA and SJ happen to be (well, Dallas is a little closer to Houston).
B-DASH

君は君のままで大丈夫だよ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-05-04, 17:57:26 »

Hey cat_clan, I didn't know you were from Mexico ^^

I talked with the guy who wrote to Suzuki-san to arrange momo-i concert in Mexico. He said that the flu problem was under control in his country...but this was a couple of weeks ago. I hope there's no problem with the concert there, it would be the first time momo-i visits a Spanish speaker country I think..

Some info for the English speakers. The webmaster of culturacomic.com asked Kurisu for help to contact Momoi's manager. Kurisu is well known in his country because of his blog Hello!Wota and his constant work to spread Idol culture and wotagei. Kurisu loves akiba-kei idols and has even tried to create mexican idol groups in Mexico. He also uploads a lot of videos about wotagei by himself.

http://culturacomic.com/?p=18411

http://momoienmexico.blogspot.com/

GOOD LUCK!

Reinhardt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009-05-21, 18:53:37 »

A pinch webisiiimo!!!

Oh sorry sorry,i forgot it was an english forum.

This is my first post here,so i say hello!!! ^^

I m very excited since i heard the news... Halko in Mexico!!! I almost cried!!! T_T

I see cat clan is planing on going, so...

Que les parece si armamos un viaje al DF con un camion, yo ya tengo por lo menos a 8 personas que quieren irse en mi carro pero no cabemos.

Also, i dont like that wota thing, but if it is for being clos e to Halko i ll do anything ¿.¿ .

Have a nice posting ^^
shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-21, 19:14:11 »

>Reinhardt
Welcome to the forum. I don't really mind if you're don't write everything in English in this thread, since it is for an event in Mexico.

As for wotagei, nobody's making you do it, but you might find yourself wanting to do it when surrounded by a crowd of people doing it :)

CupcakeAndTea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-24, 08:37:55 »

I still wish I could go to this

XoXo CC&T
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009-06-04, 04:07:20 »

Since somebody sent me a message on last.fm about it, I looked up tickets out of curiosity.

Wow. $264, eligible for complimentary upgrade to first class, 5 and 1/2 hours round trip flight both ways. And since it's a 2-day convention over the weekend I only need to use one vacation day. I was planning on skimping these few months to fund Animelo 2009 but this looks really tempting now. Too bad Momoi hasn't announced anything officially.
Dracil
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-06-04, 06:05:43 »

Heh, visa issues means out of USA things are a nono for me.  ESPECIALLY Canada and Mexico. :P
« Last Edit: 2009-06-04, 06:09:22 by Dracil » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »