Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-05-21, 05:19:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  Halko Momoi
| |-+  Event Stage
| | |-+  Momoi @ OTAKUTHON August12-14 2011 Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Momoi @ OTAKUTHON August12-14 2011 Canada  (Read 11963 times)
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-08-01, 02:36:33 »

Just got an email with a partial schedule.

8/12 Friday (金)
*5:30-6:30 OP Ceremonies (Main Events Hall; 5th fl. ?)
*7:30-9:30 Guest Cocktail Party (Terrace, 7th fl)

8/14 Sunday (日)
4:00-5:30 Halko Momoi Concert (Main Events Hall; 5th fl. ?)
*6:00-7:00 Closing Ceremonies (Main Events Hall; 5th fl. ?)

*not officially announced that she's going to be at these events

8/13, there seems to be some other concert happening at the convention center (Akon concert). Might get kind of crowded trying to get to the various floors of the convention.
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2011-08-01, 06:29:08 »

I haven't gotten a single email from them since I registered aside from a payment confirmation. I hope they processed it.
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-08-01, 06:51:04 »

I think I had to sign up for this particular email newsletter thing (though there was a checkbox for it during registration, IIRC).
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-08-09, 02:04:22 »

Full schedule (tentative):

8/12 Friday (金)
*5:30p-6:30p OP Ceremonies (Main Events Hall; 5th fl. 517CD)
*7:00p-9:00p Guest Cocktail Party (Terrace, 7th fl)

8/13 Saturday (土)
12:00p-1:00p Panel (Panel Room 7; 5th fl. 520ABDE)
1:00p-2:00p Autograph (Autograph Room; 5th fl. 517B)

8/14 Sunday (日)
12:00p-1:00p Autograph (Autograph Room; 5th fl. 517B)
2:00p-3:00p Panel (Panel Room 6; 5th fl. 520C)
4:00p-5:00p Halko Momoi Concert (Main Events Hall; 5th fl. 517CD)
*6:00p-7:00p Closing Ceremonies (Main Events Hall; 5th fl. 517CD)

*not officially announced that she's going to be at these events
The floor plans for the convention center (click on 3D Plans on the left)
« Last Edit: 2011-08-09, 02:11:38 by tenton » Logged
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-08-13, 02:07:50 »

Day one in the books. It was a ton of fun; she was OP ceremonies and the Guest Cocktail Party. Ran into...Silli at the Guest Cocktail Party, so that was a surprise for everyone one. We have another person to do Calls with. Our numbers are growing!

8BB76E1
« Reply #20 on: 2011-08-13, 10:17:32 »

oh.. Silli went even to Canada.. ^_^ so he can at least see her there when he missed her in France..

if i could only be there too.. it makes me so sad.. T_T
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011-08-13, 11:43:50 »

oh.. Silli went even to Canada.. ^_^ so he can at least see her there when he missed her in France..

if i could only be there too.. it makes me so sad.. T_T

I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse, but she mentioned you (it HAD to be you. :P ) while we were chatting at the Guest Cocktail party.
8BB76E1
« Reply #22 on: 2011-08-13, 12:09:12 »

I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse, but she mentioned you (it HAD to be you. :P ) while we were chatting at the Guest Cocktail party.
much worse.. *crying* (literally)

though i'm glad she remembered me.. ^^

if you will have a chance, please tell her i miss her and i will definitely come to see her when she comes to europe..
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-08-14, 13:50:44 »

Day 2 is in the books (even though I'm writing this on day 3).

Also a ton of fun. She had her panel and autograph session; panel turn out could have been better, but those that were there were excited to hear her, if not a little shy to ask her questions. The turn out for the autograph session was pretty decent, saw a few Steins;Gate cosplayers (Daru and Okabe, then a little later, a Christina) and then at the very end, an Anise ran in.

Day 3 coming up; another autograph session and another panel. Oh yeah, after that, there's like a concert or something. :P
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011-08-17, 05:48:13 »

Apparently in Montreal, they like to sit for concerts if there are seats. Got asked to sit down. Tried to convince everyone otherwise, but that wasn't happening.

Concert set list:
1. Ai no Medicine
2. Romantic Summer
3. Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!
4. Mebius Ring
5. God Knows
6. Mail Me
7. IVY
8. Wonder Momoi
9. 21 Seiki
10. Give a Reason
11. Saigo no Rock
12. AkihabaLove
13. Yoake no Samba
14. Gambare, Sore wa, I Love You
15. LOVE.EXE

I will note that she was sick; coming down with a cold. Her second panel ended up getting canceled (not a bad thing; schedule was tight anyways)
« Last Edit: 2011-08-17, 06:02:16 by tenton » Logged
8BB76E1
« Reply #25 on: 2011-08-17, 19:08:56 »

I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse, but she mentioned you
and may i ask what did she actually say? ^^; (sorry for making new topic. i'm here from mobile phone. don't know what happened)
« Last Edit: 2011-08-17, 19:48:30 by 8BB76E1 » Logged
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-08-17, 20:52:09 »

I'm trying to remember exactly, but she mentioned the Czech guy a few times when the topic turned to Japan Expo and other European events. Especially after Silli showed up, unexpectedly (onsite registration line was crazy, apparently; he was late to the party). You were definitely mentioned in a favorable light (I think she might have been pleasantly surprised that so many different people over the world who are fans of hers know each other).
Damius

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-08-21, 20:11:01 »

Apparently in Montreal, they like to sit for concerts if there are seats. Got asked to sit down. Tried to convince everyone otherwise, but that wasn't happening.

New Halko Momoi fan here!!! Please don't say this! I would have liked to be standing for the whole concert and I'm from Montreal since I am born. I think what happened was, not enough people knew here and knew what they should have done. It's not everyone who is like me and search about a guest on internet before going to the concert. Also, it was the first live concert with a Japanese singer in Montreal, was my first as well. Still, I really liked the show, I will remember this for a really long time. Thanks to you and your friends, the concert was even better with you guys!

我々の心は日本国民とともにある。
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-08-21, 21:12:12 »

It was good meeting you at Otakuthon!

The people behind us and around us seemed to treat us standing like it was some sort of crime. Or at least heavily frowned upon. You'll have to forgive me, as I'm not familiar with the concert going culture in Montreal; is it okay to stand at some concerts (even if there are chairs)? If so, it's trivial to fix this (all Momoi needs to do is to tell everyone to stand at the start of the concert) if she ever goes back to Montreal. The thing is, there's a delicate balance between doing what is expected and being a nuisance. I didn't want to be a nuisance and have people thing "those Momoi fans are so annoying". But if people do stand at some concerts in Montreal, then I don't feel as bad trying what I can to get everyone to stand up.

I feel like the people at Otakuthon only got part of what it means to be at a Momoi concert; fan interaction is a important part of it, which includes the jumping and spinning around. I remember my first Momoi concert still; it was "hey, what are all these people doing?" and "hey, this looks like a lot of fun".

I mean, I still had a great time (Momoi appearance always are!), but I think it could have been even better.
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2011-08-21, 21:28:06 »

It probably has less to do with Montreal as a whole, and more to do with the crowd at an anime event not being too familiar with Momoi or even concerts in general. I remember you saying before the concert staff told you to sit too, right? I'm sure there were plenty of others from Montreal too, like Damius, who wanted to stand but didn't want to step out of line. I don't think it's some kind of tradition in the city or anything, lol. Even in Japan this kind of thing is an issue at times, especially when fans of different things gather in one place and aren't familiar with the traditions of one artist as opposed to another. Same kind of situation at an anime con - people just don't know.

Also welcome to the board Damius ;D We are glad to have ya!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »