Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2021-12-04, 07:58:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Lounge
| | |-+  Introductions
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 30314 times)
WONDER MOMO-e

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-11-18, 07:09:20 »

Hello!!!

I first heard of Momoi when I watched the movie Suicide Circle. The song Mail Me was performed by a U-16 idol group and when I went to download the song I got Momoi's version which confused me. I kept looking but never found the Dessert version. Then at my first Anime Expo I was wandering the booths and one sold pencil boards and while I was looking a concert was playing on a tv. It was a girl with a very cutesy voice. I wasn't sure if I was actually interested in it but I couldn't stop watching it. Sometime after I was looking up Mail Me and I found the PV and realized that the singer was the same as the one I saw at AX. After that, Momoi became my first idol. She's my #1 idol and always will be and is the reason why I wish to be an idol and love idol music so much. She cheers me up instantly and if I were to be an idol I'd go by Momoe(yes it's a name~) in honour of my Momoi~<3
paranda
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2010-11-18, 07:25:45 »

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community. Have you been to any of the Fanime concerts?
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-11-18, 07:39:28 »

Hello!!!

I first heard of Momoi when I watched the movie Suicide Circle.

Welcome!

I've noticed that quite a few people first discovered Momoi via Suicide Circle, even though it wasn't her original version of the song that was used.

Then at my first Anime Expo I was wandering the booths and one sold pencil boards and while I was looking a concert was playing on a tv. It was a girl with a very cutesy voice. I wasn't sure if I was actually interested in it but I couldn't stop watching it.

Sounds like the RJP-Pro booth. They've been known to show (and sell) the Under17 2003 concert DVD.
Nanami
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-01-23, 06:02:19 »

:) Hi everyone. I'm Nanami, cat_clan's wife. I live in Guadalajara, México.

I love to travel, play video games, watch anime & movies at the cinema, reading about technology and stuff, listen to music, use the computer, dance and go to concerts to support the artists I like. Three of my favorite artists are Momoi Halko, Ishida Yoko and Sakamoto Maaya.

Greetings from México, it's nice to meet you all.  ;D
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2011-01-23, 06:10:03 »

Welcome to the board ;D I'm glad cat clan has a cool wife like you! Enjoy the concert in Mexico coming up :)
Nanami
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2011-01-29, 02:11:59 »

Thanks Mandi.  :D I'm looking forward to the concert.
Hoppefully we would have the opportunity to be all together and supporting Momo-i in another concert. :P
« Last Edit: 2011-01-29, 02:14:48 by Nanami » Logged
ssg
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2012-03-12, 01:36:13 »

Hello! My first name is Ryan and I'm from Connecticut. I randomly looked into Haruko Momoi one day after hearing her character songs for Seto no Hanayome a couple years ago...and was instantly hooked when watching some of her live performances! I've been getting into her music more and more, and at this point I can call myself an honest fan! As of this point, I'm looking forward to Anime Boston!

A fledgling Momoist!
shinji
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2012-03-15, 01:07:55 »

Welcome to our forum! Her concerts are pretty addictive, and are even better in person :D I guess I'll see you in Boston!

mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2012-03-15, 23:44:14 »

Welcome to the forum Ryan ;D I remember seeing your lovely artwork on DA.
http://momoi-haruko-fc.deviantart.com/gallery/31286113#/d4nc2s7
Have fun at Anime Boston!!
moetwinstyle
m.m.m. Member

ふたごだよぉ~ん!♡

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2012-04-11, 05:53:28 »

Hello! ヾ(●・▽・人・▽・○)ノ

We're two Canadian 19 year old twin girls named Ally & Sally! We love anime, eroge, idols, cosplay, otaku culture, and of course, Momoi! ♡ヾ(*´▽`*)ノ♡ We've been huge fans of hers since we were 13 and have dreamt of going to her live/meeting her for ages! This past weekend we were finally able to attend our first Momoi live (and many to follow in the future) at Anime Boston! It was everything we dreamt of and more~ (*ノωノ)♡ We cried so much. www We were finally able to buy two m.m.m. memberships as well! (ノ●´∀)八(∀`●)ノ

Momoi is a huge inspiration to us and has cheered us on with her music through the tough and happy times we expereinced during middle/high school. She's taught us so many things too; we look up to her so much! (*´ω`*) She has shown us the power of music and the love and support that an idol can convey to her fans! Because of her we're aiming to become Akiba idols as well~! (ノゝ∀・)~☆ We hope that one day we can become as wonderful a singer, performer, and person as Momoi~ We really love her!(人´∀`*)♡

If you'd like to see some of our videos, please check out our Youtube/Nico Nico Community (links in our signature)! ☆ We also broadcast weekly on Nico Nico Namahousou, so if you're interested please check out our broadcast/join our community! ヾ(。◕ ‿ ◕。)ノ

We hope to post lots here! Let's build an even bigger foreign community of Momoists!(*>ω<)ノ♥
よろしくね!☆

akatora
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2012-04-11, 09:54:31 »

Welcome to the family! (^_^)
Miyuki
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2012-05-03, 15:23:51 »

My name is Allan, and I'm from Pennsylvania.

I forget what year ('04, '05 maybe)? My friend and I were picking up free posters in the dealer's room at Otakon in Baltimore. He hands me this poster for "Nurse Witch Komugi" and says "here, you want this? I don't want it." I had no idea who Komugi was at the time, but I thought it was cute, and I took the poster from him, and later framed it.

I'm honestly not sure... I might have even watched The Soultaker first, but it took me a while to get around to buying the 2 Komugi DVDs... I'd stare at the cute pink poster on my wall, and be like, "I got to check that Komugi anime out."

Well, in the middle of episode 2.5, something happened that changed my life. I heard "Anata Ga Daikirai," and was like "Oh my God I love this song so much." It was actually the second "Japanese language" song I learned the lyrics to. I figured out how to play it on guitar also, and I even made a "karaoke arrangement" since I couldn't find an instrumental version to sing at the anime convention karaoke rooms. Needless to say, I got into her other material from there, getting into the "cuter (I vi IV V chord progression) style songs, and I learned songs like "OS no Yes," and "Icchae Popotan."

I'm not really the kind of guy that gets into "Idols" or goes crazy over meeting famous people, but after seeing some of the videos of her performances, I made it a point that if she ever came over to the states, I'd go out of my way to see her; and I finally made that dream come true at Anime Boston. I even got her to "sign" my pink soprano ukulele, and I got to play about 8 bars of "Anata Ga Daikirai" while she sung background on the chorus... it was the best day of my life. When she signed my membership card, she even drew a "ukulele" and some musical notes on it.

Anyway, not much else I can think of... That's my story. Thank you for having me on your board.
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2012-05-03, 20:34:27 »

>moetwinstyle
I forgot to say welcome to you guys because I thought you had been on here much longer since I remembered you posting before, but it turns out you posted as a guest back then! Anyway, welcome to the board ;D

>Miyuki
Welcome to the board dude!! No fair that Anime Boston is bringing more east coast fans to the forums now that I'm not living there anymore! "Anata Ga Daikirai" is  a great starting point, and I'm so glad you got to make such great memories at Anime Boston :) If you upload any videos of your guitar or ukulele playing of Momoi's songs, please let us know! ;D
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2012-12-20, 10:23:20 »

Miyuki, can you send me a copy of your karaoke arrangement? XD I'd love to sing Anata ga Daikirai myself. :)

Eyecancer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2014-02-07, 19:06:22 »

Hello guys.
My name is Stefan, 35 years old and I am from Germany.
I hope to have a good time here with you :)
Have a nice day :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »