Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-12-12, 23:59:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Lounge
| | |-+  Introductions
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 25444 times)
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-06-16, 17:33:08 »

I wasn't specifically planning on going to AX, no. There's some slight issues, like not being really able to take Thursday off (boss is gone that day) and Saturday I have a BBQ to attend to. Wait, their performance is on Friday. Hmmm...

I also forgot InsaneLampshade was a Momusu fan. Matt_D is coming, too? Maybe I'll reconsider. Maybe we should make a new thread for AX '09.
tomoyo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-06-16, 23:17:07 »

Hi Danny!  Are you gonna be in AX this July?  If so, lemme know so we can meet up!  I also got my glowsticks ready for Nekorin's karaoke performance there  ;D...

Oh heck ya! I'd totally be up for trying to do otagei at morning musume. XD Anyone else from here going?
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-06-17, 11:05:59 »

Hi Danny!  Are you gonna be in AX this July?  If so, lemme know so we can meet up!  I also got my glowsticks ready for Nekorin's karaoke performance there  ;D...

Seriously?  :-[ I did mention that my singing voice is laughably bad, right? Thank you!  ;D

Hetare Kaiser
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-10-07, 22:25:30 »

This thread has been gathering cobwebs for a while, but I suppose it's still good manners to introduce myself.

Hello!

The first time I became aware of Momoi is when I perchance came across the second UNDER17 BEST ALBUM (I won't discuss the details, but what's important is that I now legally own the CD and it hasn't stopped there), which I think just came out, so I guess five years ago? From the moment she started singing in SHE・KNOW・BE, I fell in love and I've been listening to her songs and voice acting roles ever since.
I suppose the point where I went from being someone who likes her songs to being a fan of hers would be her performance at Animelo 2007, which I didn't actually attend, but I watched the DVD. Particularly during WONDER MOMO-i, even though you could tell she was getting tired, seeing her give her best singing while walking around the stage, shaking hands with the audience, moved my often overly rational heart.
Seeing her live for the first time at Ayacon this year, rekindled my Momoi spirit and is pretty much what triggered me coming here (even though it's almost two months after the fact).
Anyway, nice to meet you all!
Iyoko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-10-07, 23:48:38 »

Welcome to the forums, Hetare Kaiser!!

I suppose the point where I went from being someone who likes her songs to being a fan of hers would be her performance at Animelo 2007, which I didn't actually attend, but I watched the DVD. Particularly during WONDER MOMO-i, even though you could tell she was getting tired, seeing her give her best singing while walking around the stage, shaking hands with the audience, moved my often overly rational heart.
Seeing her live for the first time at Ayacon this year, rekindled my Momoi spirit and is pretty much what triggered me coming here (even though it's almost two months after the fact).
Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Seeing Momoi live is a completely different experience, isn't it? Even watching a recorded live performance is very impressive. (I was actually going over some Animelo performances and happened across her 2008 Feel So Easy! performance, which was really fun to watch  :) )

It's definitely impressive the way Momoi gives her best all the time, no matter what!!

Enjoy yourself here at the forums  :)
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009-10-12, 17:52:29 »

A bit late but welcome to the board Hetare Kaiser, nice to meet you ;D I am happy to see lots of people became fans from UNDER17, it's the same for me! I hope any new fans will make sure to check out UNDER17 too :)
Bisuko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-10-19, 16:31:06 »

I just noticed there was a new post in this thread. I'm kind of late with this too but Welcome Hetare Kaiser! :)
PetiteFool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2009-11-10, 14:54:06 »

Oh my... I'm late too x.x I should invest in a pocket watch. Welcome, welcome one and all~~ but I agree with Mandi, if you haven't listened to UNDER17 then you should, for sure! But everyone here has heard at least some UNDER17 right?

みず きらい あなた すき

I forget to think before I act...
Silli
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-11-22, 18:50:36 »

So I'm finally writing something.^^

I first heard of Momoi in 2004, I think I watched DearS before Nurse Witch Komugi-chan. I really loved Love Slave, I looped the song for days, however I didn't really look up who the artists was. Some time later I watched Komugi-chan and again I loved the Opening, this time I looped Ai no medicine for days  ;D And I just loved Momois voice acting, when I first heard Komugi say something I thought "wow what an awesome voice" ^^. That was when I started to search for more from Under17/Momoi and I became a fan of her.

In 2007 I wanted to go to Connichi for the first time with some friends, but I didn't get a ticket online so I thought it's not that important I'll just go next year. However a few days later I saw that Momoi was coming to Connichi and I went from "It's not important" to "omg I have to go even if I have to walk to Kassel and wait 5 days before it starts in front of the hall to get a ticket"  ;D

So I went to my first Momoi Concert at Connichi 2007 (first row of course :) ) and even though it was without her band the performance was awesome. It was incredible to actually see the person whose songs I've been listening to for years standing right before me singing these songs. I got goosebumps when Ai no medicine started and the whole concert was just great, I attended her second concert, too. That made me an even bigger fan than I was before.

The concert at Connichi 2008 was even better.
Her songs are live so much better than her recorded songs :)

The peak of awesomeness (until now) was the concert in Sapporo of her live tour no answer, no live
I'll write about it later :)

So yeah, it all began in 2004 and I've become a bigger and bigger fan over time^^
« Last Edit: 2009-11-22, 18:53:42 by Silli » Logged
ksms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010-01-06, 01:29:43 »

Oh, I should probably introduce myself... Well, I'm a rather new Momoi fan from Finland. I've yet to see her live, but I just found out that she's coming to a Finnish con in June, so you can imagine my excitement! ;D

I mostly know Momoi through her fantastic music, since I'm not generally a huge anime fan or anything (though I do like a few of them a lot :) )... My favourite albums from Momoi are definitely Sunday early morning and Henji ga nai, tada no shitsuren no youda.

Well, I guess I'm done talking for now. If anyone wants to see how eclectic my taste in music is, you can always check out my last.fm. :D
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-01-06, 02:18:25 »

Welcome, welcome.

A Finnish con in June, huh?

My Google-fu tells me it's Desu-con.

Oh hey, there's a page already!
Iyoko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-01-06, 06:24:17 »

Welcome to the forums, ksms!!

I hope you enjoy her live performance!! I know my first was an eye-opening experience.
Bisuko
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-01-09, 20:09:47 »

Welcome ksms!
How cool that Finland is getting Momoi this summer Enjoy the performance! There's nothing like live!
EdOfNoName
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010-05-03, 01:02:42 »

Hello all! I'll credit (blame?) catsspat who I've known for quite a while for making me realize that Momoi is more special that the average singer/voice actress. I only attended some of the Momoi events at FanimeCon last year (since I had some staff and anime club responsibilities), but I suspect I met several of you. Besides FanimeCon proper, I'll seen Priz at staff BBQs. Maybe I'll be able to attend more of the events this year.

For proper English speakers...

My m.m.m. card is #1565.

For shinji and other die-hard electronics goods folks...

I finally got a job!! So I'll be joining the Fan Club ASIC!!!

<lame>And I joined the Fan Club FPGA.</lame>
I joined the Fan Club CPLD.

There are high expectations for m.m.m. members: "Please support Halko Momoi continuously." I hope I can at least provide a little support.
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-05-03, 15:34:26 »

Welcome, EdOfNoName. Glad to have you on board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »