Halko Momoi English Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2018-09-24, 15:50:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Server move complete. Welcome to the Pikopiko Network!
3283 Posts in 217 Topics by 126 Members
Latest Member: ramend00dles
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Halko Momoi English Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Lounge
| | |-+  AX 2010
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: AX 2010  (Read 13698 times)
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-06-25, 23:12:19 »

I bought my tickets, but I don't know any of the musical acts... what's reccommended? The only guest I recognize is Nabeshin, and I want to see him...

tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-06-25, 23:58:35 »

I bought my tickets, but I don't know any of the musical acts... what's reccommended? The only guest I recognize is Nabeshin, and I want to see him...

Did you watch Macross F and like it even mildly? May'n/Nakajima Megumi concert is a MUST, then. They will do non MacF songs, but their duets will be from MacF. Also, some super secret special guest is supposed to be there. Standard pop style songs, I guess is how I would describe the music. This is the concert I'm most excited for (since Horie Yui doesn't have a concert...probably not enough time to setup a adventure skit  :P ).

Do you like cute idol acts with lots of girls (e.g. Morning Musume)? AKB48 is for you. They're bringing 16 of them. Cutesy, poppy sound. Of course they dance, too, they're an idol group.  ;D

Do you like I've Sound? MELL is your ticket. Dance music (techo-y/trance-y) is the style for the most part. She's sung some anime theme songs. If you're familiar with KOTOKO (she's been to AX before), that's another I've Sound artist.

Edit: Whoops, forgot Sophia and Beni

Sophia is a rock style band and Beni, I believe is a RB-style singer. Their concert is a set piece; Beni opens for Sophia. Forgot about them because I'm not all that interested in them (you would think a rock band would garner my attention, but...nah..)

--
Don't know who Horie Yui is? I'm sad...
« Last Edit: 2010-06-26, 00:05:12 by tenton » Logged
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-26, 00:43:30 »

And Poyoyon Rock is now coming to AX? Rino too? I hate you Manga Gamer. No, seriously, I hate you now. There goes eating normal food during the day.
PantsGoblin
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-06-26, 00:59:20 »

Anybody else notice how all the names are "First Last" except for Kuribayashi Minami?

http://www.anime-expo.org/guests/

Kase Aina is also that way. Maybe Manga Gamers submitted the names Japanese style and AX didn't alter them?

I'm disappointed they only mentioned two of their singers there. I can see only Minami Kuribayashi being mentioned as she's the most well known, but oh well.

And Poyoyon Rock is now coming to AX? Rino too? I hate you Manga Gamer. No, seriously, I hate you now. There goes eating normal food during the day.

I was already planning on camping there so it doesn't affect my schedule much lol. Now I just need to decide what I want to get signed out of the many Komugi, Popotan etc. artbooks I have of his...
Silli
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-06-26, 17:30:47 »

Hey everybody

Currently at the 46th meridian west, rough sea and a lot of sharks, doing my best to arrive in time.
Found old rowboat two days ago, helped a lot, but sank today.
I'm swimming again, dolphins not helping much

See you at AX :P (lol I wish ;D)

I bought my tickets, but I don't know any of the musical acts... what's reccommended?

Watch Macross Frontier if you haven't already. The songs are great :)
You'll enjoy the May'n/Nakajima Megumi concert even more after watching the anime. (Well, of course only if you like the anime/songs ^^)

I can also recommend Kuribayashi Minami (is she going to sing at the MangaGamer booth?)

Aahhh, it hurts more and more to not be able to go XD

I'm still hoping for a miracle ^^
« Last Edit: 2010-06-26, 17:34:14 by Silli » Logged
Nekorin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-06-26, 18:37:38 »

Thanks, Tenton! I haven't seen Macross, but they all sound good, I'll shoot for the first two. :)

aegid

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-06-30, 19:00:03 »

Just touched down at LAX.  Time to head to the convention center and get line for day zero. 

Going to see   AKB48, May'n and Megumi, and MELL.

See you guys there!  Leave a message if you need me for anything.
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-06-30, 19:12:06 »

I'm on my way from work now.
tomoyo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-06-30, 20:08:36 »

I'm stoked, I randomly decided to buy a LD20 and traffic wand (from two different vendors) this weekend and they both made it here on time! UO TIME!
aegid

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-06-30, 21:40:55 »

Ugh, because of an hour late fly away bus recommended by a friend I just got to the line and it is super long already.
  There goes my chances of good concert seats :(
ObLaCxZ
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2010-06-30, 21:57:33 »

I'm finally set to go, although it's only for Saturday and Sunday. I'll take what I can get and I hope to see Aina Kase  and Rino again :). I hope to see everyone there! Who's up for some spicy Orochon Ramen? Pantsgoblin's gotta go for gold and eat special no. 2 :)
« Last Edit: 2010-06-30, 22:00:17 by ObLaCxZ » Logged

SpAcE LoVe!
PantsGoblin
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-06-30, 22:15:00 »

Who's up for some spicy Orochon Ramen? Pantsgoblin's gotta go for gold and eat special no. 2 :)

Haha, I can't afford to get sick at all during this weekend. Way too much going on for me to risk it, so I'd have to pass on that. Maybe I'd try it the last day after everything's over though...
Silli
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-06-30, 22:41:42 »

Have fun and a safe trip everyone :)
mandi
m.m.m. Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2010-07-01, 04:21:03 »

Everybody have a fun safe time ;D I look forward to the pics and reports (and loot ;D)
tenton
m.m.m. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-07-01, 04:37:20 »

Everybody have a fun safe time ;D I look forward to the pics and reports (and loot ;D)

I hope I'll have pics to show. I've just reviewed the schedule I made for myself. There's going to be A LOT of running from South Hall (autographs/dealer's room/exhibit hall) to the West Hall (panels, near the Nokia Live, where I'm parking) and back. Good luck, me. Got to drop off camera crap before heading into Nokia Live, got to grab it again when I go to panels/autograph sessions. Assuming there are nice events where I can take pics. ^_^
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »